FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this was a cool idea. Shooting videos of colonies under full spectrum so people can see color and growth form. Let me know what you guys think? Anything I can do to improve them?

Depth of field and slow down, there are bits in focus all the time but?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m only going to get so much in focus with my 60mm and still give good detail. I’ll try to use a higher Fstop and see if that gets me a little more DOF. I went fast because I got all excited from the polyps. :p

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoever name that coral got to be an Asian. Very appropriate to name it Dragon Fruit. My Dragon fruit isn’t quite ripe yet or else the color match really well
5CBD44BA-DDF1-484B-AAD5-52A0124114CE.jpeg

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought this was a cool idea. Shooting videos of colonies under full spectrum so people can see color and growth form. Let me know what you guys think? Anything I can do to improve them?

Lookin' Good :)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ask me, I don't do video lol! ;)
Whoever name that coral got to be an Asian. Very appropriate to name it Dragon Fruit. My Dragon fruit isn’t quite ripe yet or else the color match really well
5CBD44BA-DDF1-484B-AAD5-52A0124114CE.jpeg
That’s hilarious bud! I thought the same thing! Nice work on the Dragonfruit sir! Man of many talents.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I posted on your IG, but I love it! Very rarely do we see the full colony and frags don't always portray what the colony will look like. And as you mentioned, you definitely don't see growth form of the colony from a frag.

Thanks!

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m only going to get so much in focus with my 60mm and still give good detail. I’ll try to use a higher Fstop and see if that gets me a little more DOF. I went fast because I got all excited from the polyps. :p

Ty is trying to make people fall off their treadmills while watching his video! ;) :p

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted on your IG, but I love it! Very rarely do we see the full colony and frags don't always portray what the colony will look like. And as you mentioned, you definitely don't see growth form of the colony from a frag.

Thanks!
Thanks a bunch man. I try to do my best for people when I can. Final growth form is important for me to know for placement purposes.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty is trying to make people fall off their treadmills while watching his video! ;) :p
I hope nobody is watching my videos on a treadmill. They should be dedicating their full attention to watching the video and not be distracted... it took me lots of effort. :p

Back