FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you got something right when you stack frags on a rack that has corallites overgrown on it from another colony.

F2414CA0-4FB0-456E-8103-71D66CE8C82F.jpeg

BTW let me know when those are out by the tree and ill swing on over lol.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think cyclops=pikachu and pink floyd=pacman=teen wolf

Thanks for doing this!
I should have put my thoughts down but two kids running around I just posted and ran.

I’ll put down some more thoughts later tonight when the kids are in bed. For the most part there are some similarities in a couple as frags but as colonies they all look different to me and not the same acro if that makes sense.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you got something right when you stack frags on a rack that has corallites overgrown on it from another colony.

F2414CA0-4FB0-456E-8103-71D66CE8C82F.jpeg

BTW let me know when those are out by the tree and ill swing on over lol.
You are well versed in my pandemic porch pickup option. :D

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so here are my observations on the yellow acros that may not be apparent from the picture or from just looking at a frag of it:

Best yellows in this order:
Inlands Cyclops, Diabolic Pacman, rr Pink Floyd, Pikachu, teen wolf

Diabolic pacman - contrast best with whites and yellows. Red polyps are a bonus

Inlands Cyclops - just best true yellow and beaming.

Pikachu - most fully colored stick... very little white on it but yellow is a hair lime green yellow.

RR Pink Floyd - very similar to Diabolic Pacman but has less contrast between yellow and white. Not as stark.

BC Teen wolf - nice yellow to it still. If by itself, nice yellow. By the other yellows... just a hair duller.

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so here are my observations on the yellow acros that may not be apparent from the picture or from just looking at a frag of it:

Best yellows in this order:
Inlands Cyclops, Diabolic Pacman, rr Pink Floyd, Pikachu, teen wolf

Diabolic pacman - contrast best with whites and yellows. Red polyps are a bonus

Inlands Cyclops - just best true yellow and beaming.

Pikachu - most fully colored stick... very little white on it but yellow is a hair lime green yellow.

RR Pink Floyd - very similar to Diabolic Pacman but has less contrast between yellow and white. Not as stark.

BC Teen wolf - nice yellow to it still. If by itself, nice yellow. By the other yellows... just a hair duller.
I got a TSA thunder struck I like it. Havent had it long enough to see how yellow I can get though.
1601434096035.png

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Pikachu is very nice yellow but seems to be a little bit of a slow grower in my system compared to some of the others. But my pink Floyd is more of a glowing greenish tinted yellow color, but it all but died off and I never removed the skeleton and it colored back up over time. the only kind of yellow I have is the WWC After Party.

sorry for the crapy cell phone pic

20200930_084516.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Pikachu is very nice yellow but seems to be a little bit of a slow grower in my system compared to some of the others. But my pink Floyd is more of a glowing greenish tinted yellow color, but it all but died off and I never removed the skeleton and it colored back up over time. the only kind of yellow I have is the WWC After Party.

sorry for the crapy cell phone pic

20200930_084516.jpg
I noticed the yellows really don’t come in until they are fully happy. So maybe the Pink Floyd is just getting up to health? Otherwise, they can be more like green sometimes.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been a hit or miss coral. when i got it rtned completely within a day, the package was very cold about 65 degrees.
Not that it may have done any better but when I receive packages below 70 degrees, I’ve had a decent rate of success with the corals still by sitting the bags on the shelf and just letting them warm up to room temp first for a couple hours before temp acclimating to my tank. That way they don’t go from 65 to 78 in 30 mins. A slightly more gradual temp increase.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty, What PAR are you keeping the Red Loripes at? I have mine about 300-350 and its deep red. Picked mine up directly from Quinn. Thanks
Mine is sitting right about the same... 300-325. Mine was from Boom Corals before Quinn took it over.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stunning!

Back