FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I start feeling good about my tank I stop by your thread to keep me humble! :p

Looking awesome as ever, Ty. Next time I'm in Austin, just let me look at it again through the dining room window, would you? :D

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I start feeling good about my tank I stop by your thread to keep me humble! :p

Looking awesome as ever, Ty. Next time I'm in Austin, just let me look at it again through the dining room window, would you? :D

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas.
Hey bud! I’ll make sure to leave the blinds open for you and wear some pants just for you.

Hope you and your family are well and have a wonderful Christmas season too sir!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On occasion, I get the opportunity to update on the tank. This usually involves a break in my clients and also well-timed naps for the kids.

-denitrator working great... nitrates around 5-10ppm... down from 30+ppm. If you see how much I feed a day, it would seem a more impressive feat. Literally zero maintenance on this thing other than making sure the line isn’t clogged and making up some of the alk it eats up.

-phosphate started climbing due to lack of nitrate and associative algal growth. Went to the point where I believe it was leaching back out of the rocks too. I was changing GFO media almost every other day. Setup lanthanum chloride to drop into my skimmer and it’s been able to maintain it around 0.07 ppm right now... down from 0.23 ppm that it got up to at its highest point. Have never run lanthanum on a daily basis before but if I continue to have no issues with running it and it continues to give me good results... may be saying goodbye to GFO

-backup system is rocking with frags and colonies. Keeping colors and showing growth. Enough that I trust it with all new incoming frags now... even my new $700 TSA Bubble Yum half frag. :oops: I may start bringing in some additional imported colonies to try in it. If that goes well, I may add two more tanks to the system and call it a day. So it’ll be four 50-gallon low boy tanks plumbed together. I have the display system and two 50-gallon low boy tanks plumbed together on the other side of the fish room still too.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
On occasion, I get the opportunity to update on the tank. This usually involves a break in my clients and also well-timed naps for the kids.

-denitrator working great... nitrates around 5-10ppm... down from 30+ppm. If you see how much I feed a day, it would seem a more impressive feat. Literally zero maintenance on this thing other than making sure the line isn’t clogged and making up some of the alk it eats up.

-phosphate started climbing due to lack of nitrate and associative algal growth. Went to the point where I believe it was leaching back out of the rocks too. I was changing GFO media almost every other day. Setup lanthanum chloride to drop into my skimmer and it’s been able to maintain it around 0.07 ppm right now... down from 0.23 ppm that it got up to at its highest point. Have never run lanthanum on a daily basis before but if I continue to have no issues with running it and it continues to give me good results... may be saying goodbye to GFO

-backup system is rocking with frags and colonies. Keeping colors and showing growth. Enough that I trust it with all new incoming frags now... even my new $700 TSA Bubble Yum half frag. :oops: I may start bringing in some additional imported colonies to try in it. If that goes well, I may add two more tanks to the system and call it a day. So it’ll be four 50-gallon low boy tanks plumbed together. I have the display system and two 50-gallon low boy tanks plumbed together on the other side of the fish room still too.
Was that $700 for the 7 polyps version or the 12 polyps version? :p
Good score! I’ve had mine since the September Live Sale and I love it!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lanthanum solution are you using? Home made or commercial?
I got it from Amazon. SeaKlear Phosphate Remover... Commercial strength. Diluted 10ml into 1 gal and dosing at 0.4ml/min into the center of my skimmer where the tube is just above where the water line would be if the skimmer was off.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was that $700 for the 7 polyps version or the 12 polyps version? :p
Good score! I’ve had mine since the September Live Sale and I love it!
I haven’t counted because I’ll cry. But this is it when it came in last month.
3A2B2617-26CE-462D-9AE9-BCA434DB77C1.jpeg

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from Amazon. SeaKlear Phosphate Remover... Commercial strength. Diluted 10ml into 1 gal and dosing at 0.4ml/min into the center of my skimmer where the tube is just above where the water line would be if the skimmer was off.
Thank you!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The joys of catching up on several pages at a time is I can remind you that you mentioned some new videos for us but frankly all I got was titillating topless Ty and nothing to tide me over with!!
Sad How I Met Your Mother GIF by MOODMAN

Oh, I suppose the tank looks alright too ;)
Tittalating topless Ty videos coming up... say no more sir. I aim to please.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back