FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice!
Just to know; is there some advantages to put the frag on the epoxy instead of just gluing it on the plug?
Thanks
I resisted the idea of doing this for a long time as I thought it would be messy and required using 2 glues instead of 1, but I recently switched to doing this method, and love it. In addition to holding the frag MUCH better, the coral seems to encrust quicker onto the epoxy than it does on super glue. Also if you are removing the frag from the plug, you can still keep some of the base by cutting the epoxy ball off instead of cutting the actual frag.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom Corals Bloody Mary Stag - I want a huge colony of this in the display!
2C38A87B-A5A2-4B30-9A75-95647036583C.jpeg

RR Olympus - camera doesn’t pick up the baby blue along the whiter portions of the tips
4E6586A5-A329-4518-A4F7-CF04AAD7B776.jpeg

RRC OG OP getting more color each day
037A2016-7F4F-45E1-B760-03B0388CFB68.jpeg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I resisted the idea of doing this for a long time as I thought it would be messy and required using 2 glues instead of 1, but I recently switched to doing this method, and love it. In addition to holding the frag MUCH better, the coral seems to encrust quicker onto the epoxy than it does on super glue. Also if you are removing the frag from the plug, you can still keep some of the base by cutting the epoxy ball off instead of cutting the actual frag.
That's interesting that you are seeing corals encrust quicker. I might have to do a side by side test to see. That would be highly beneficial in the frag world. Thanks for sharing!

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's interesting that you are seeing corals encrust quicker. I might have to do a side by side test to see. That would be highly beneficial in the frag world. Thanks for sharing!
I just started doing that as well, all my frags seem to do better overall and encrust faster on epoxy then superglue. As well as I think epoxy frags look nicer/cleaner.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started doing that as well, all my frags seem to do better overall and encrust faster on epoxy then superglue. As well as I think epoxy frags look nicer/cleaner.
Agreed.gif

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do enjoy their aesthetics! I'll give the side by side a try and see which one wins the encrustment battle!

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do enjoy their aesthetics! I'll give the side by side a try and see which one wins the encrustment battle!
I actually have a side by side going at home with accidental Sunday driver nubs. I did one with epoxy and the other with just glue bc I didn’t feel like getting more epoxy out. I’ll have to check and see if there’s any difference. Both are the same size and done the same day

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a side by side going at home with accidental Sunday driver nubs. I did one with epoxy and the other with just glue bc I didn’t feel like getting more epoxy out. I’ll have to check and see if there’s any difference. Both are the same size and done the same day
I’ll await your results sir

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back