FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

mitten_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR Crazy T monti... getting 2 out of 3 these days isn’t bad.
8E8AFAAF-9F43-43AC-99EB-227FA9A6C833.jpeg
Now I gotta ask...I saw that you also have Beach Bum and Kung Pow available on the site. out of these three monti's, which one would you keep in your own display?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I gotta ask...I saw that you also have Beach Bum and Kung Pow available on the site. out of these three monti's, which one would you keep in your own display?
In order of current favorites:

JF Vino
RR Crazy T
JF Beach Bum
JF Altered Ego
WWC Kung Pao
CB Flaming Phoenix

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all my coral children the same. :D

In order of current favorites:

JF Vino
RR Crazy T
JF Beach Bum
JF Altered Ego
WWC Kung Pao
CB Flaming Phoenix

Love them all the same eh.... I assume you refer to flaming phoenix as "the accident" too when it's not around. ;Joyful

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love them all the same eh.... I assume you refer to flaming phoenix as "the accident" too when it's not around. ;Joyful
I love all my children the same only apply to my acros. Montis are like my pets. Haha.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ty,
Last few questions, I promise:
What is the distance in the middle between the inner two reflectors? 7in? And, what outside brackets are you running on the sides of the light? The stock 18in ones?
Thanks again!
Sorry, missed this! 7.5” between two inner reflectors.

Running the stock 18” brackets that came with it.

mitten_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your pink and red are so good on the acros, do you think it's more to do with lighting or parameters, or both?
I have a hard time getting the red to come through on JF Fox Flame (right?...seems like something that shouldn't be that hard)
I know you watch your N&P almost obsessively, so if they fluctuate at all, does that affect your pink/red? if not, can we probably lean toward lighting as contributor?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your pink and red are so good on the acros, do you think it's more to do with lighting or parameters, or both?
I have a hard time getting the red to come through on JF Fox Flame (right?...seems like something that shouldn't be that hard)
I know you watch your N&P almost obsessively, so if they fluctuate at all, does that affect your pink/red? if not, can we probably lean toward lighting as contributor?
Thanks bud. I think it really just comes down to that stability. Once my numbers are stable, my pinks and reds and usually the last to lock in.

And believe it or not, the red from the Foxflame is one of my pickier reds. It has to be happy for a long time before it really comes in deep.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. I think it really just comes down to that stability. Once my numbers are stable, my pinks and reds and usually the last to lock in.

And believe it or not, the red from the Foxflame is one of my pickier reds. It has to be happy for a long time before it really comes in deep.
I've noticed foxflame is one of my first acro's to lose color if something is off. I also have a colony in my nano that's been growing happily for a year, but still doesn't have the deep red.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed foxflame is one of my first acro's to lose color if something is off. I also have a colony in my nano that's been growing happily for a year, but still doesn't have the deep red.
Exactly! Hard to kill but it’ll be the first to lose color when not happy.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new sump, your fish room is quickly running out of room. After reading your review on the versa pumps, I think I'm going to get two of them for my auto water change. I'm getting tired of all the problems I'm having with the dos.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new sump, your fish room is quickly running out of room. After reading your review on the versa pumps, I think I'm going to get two of them for my auto water change. I'm getting tired of all the problems I'm having with the dos.
Yeah, those two tanks will be the last in there... says my Sq footage and electrical supply.

Be a little hard to find Versa pumps right now. You may be better off waiting for the new pump I’m assuming they are releasing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back