OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to your Will and give it a go. Hardly a Win/Win proposition, but likely to work out well for one of us.
Will already states to bury me in my tank with all my corals. Brought them into this world… taking them out with me.

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will already states to bury me in my tank with all my corals. Brought them into this world… taking them out with me.
Sounds like a window of opportunity.
Dig It Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Q
I had an adventure yesterday. I was doing a water change and had the garage door open to the fish room and in comes a giant wasp (1.5”). Bugs don’t usually bother me but I do have an aversion to giant stingers and cry inducing pain.

I armed myself with a giant scoop nearby and waited until it went straight for my jugular and then I sprang into action, screamed a bit, and whacked it out of the air and proceeded with a quick stomp before he could recover.
5AD89C14-42F0-43DE-80A7-901B7241B93D.jpeg

I felt bad afterwards. Our household is a catch and release kind of house… except mosquitoes… they all deserve to die.

All of this happened in the midst of a water change and I overflowed my sump a bit during this whole adventure. I’m sure the scene in person would have been hilarious to a third person watching.
The only thing worse than that is when the wasp sneaks into a work van bc I left the doors open to unload equipment. Only to discover it later while on the highway traveling at 80+ mph. Not fun

Is there anything crazier looking than watching a person from a distance being chased by a tiny flying insect?

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an adventure yesterday. I was doing a water change and had the garage door open to the fish room and in comes a giant wasp (1.5”). Bugs don’t usually bother me but I do have an aversion to giant stingers and cry inducing pain.

I armed myself with a giant scoop nearby and waited until it went straight for my jugular and then I sprang into action, screamed a bit, and whacked it out of the air and proceeded with a quick stomp before he could recover.
5AD89C14-42F0-43DE-80A7-901B7241B93D.jpeg

I felt bad afterwards. Our household is a catch and release kind of house… except mosquitoes… they all deserve to die.

All of this happened in the midst of a water change and I overflowed my sump a bit during this whole adventure. I’m sure the scene in person would have been hilarious to a third person watching.

Don't feel bad for taking it out. One similar to that here in Australia, with more pale yellow on the body, got me on the forearm twice. The two stings were exactly in the same spot. The venom ate away my flesh in a quarter inch circle down to the bone. It took six months before the flesh could grow back and form a scar which I have to this day nearly thirty years later.

The dirty bath plug!;Rage

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything crazier looking than watching a person from a distance being chased by a tiny flying insect?

I'm sure I looked crazier when I was being stung by it twice!;Hilarious And a mate got stung by it too! He got a spray can of WD-40 oil and a cigarette lighter as an impromptu flame thrower to burn off its wings mid flight so we could stomp it out on the ground. I'm sure that looked crazier too!;Hilarious

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure I looked crazier when I was being stung by it twice!;Hilarious And a mate got stung by it too! He got a spray can of WD-40 oil and a cigarette lighter as an impromptu flame thrower to burn off its wings mid flight so we could stomp it out on the ground. I'm sure that looked crazier too!;Hilarious
Sounds like a scene from meet the fockers. Y’all are lucky you didn’t burn your house down or catch someone on fire

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a scene from meet the fockers. Y’all are lucky you didn’t burn your house down or catch someone on fire

Where it happened was a football field away from the nearest building on an acreage property. So the flame thrower didn't have enough range for burning buildings down. We had to get rid of the hornet though as it was nesting on a bridge we couldn't avoid crossing.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember growing up and kids taking AXE Body spray and a lighter and making a instant flame thrower, only once did I almost burn the house down!

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untentionally I almost burnt the house down 3 times but only once my reef caught the house on fire! I’m serious for those who don’t know.
Too much acro fire??

Btw, I think the “straight fire bro” etc, reply is the dumbest trend in our hobby

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember growing up and kids taking AXE Body spray and a lighter and making a instant flame thrower, only once did I almost burn the house down!
Try a can of Lysol sometime. The canister has a bit more PSI behind it. Very impressive. Of course I would not know from personal experience. That would be so stupid. Somebody told me about it. Or maybe I saw it on youtube.

@GBRsouth I don't know how any of you manage down there. Every cute little nuisance we have here is lethal there. What is that all about? Maybe a Southern ice age would settle things down a bit for you.

Wait. How did we get here again? Right. Farmer hysterics over a murderous mud dauber.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a can of Lysol sometime. The canister has a bit more PSI behind it. Very impressive. Of course I would not know from personal experience. That would be so stupid. Somebody told me about it. Or maybe I saw it on youtube.

@GBRsouth I don't know how any of you manage down there. Every cute little nuisance we have here is lethal there. What is that all about? Maybe a Southern ice age would settle things down a bit for you.

Wait. How did we get here again? Right. Farmer hysterics over a murderous mud dauber.
I go off topic one time and it derails the whole train. Got to stick to my formula… 3 pics, 3 descriptions… the occasional quarterly tank update.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back