Fastest growing coral vs slowest growing. What’s your take?

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kessil ap700. Everything is slow to grow. lol. In my main tank.

In my other tanks my Xenia’s grow extremely well, Tonga torches, and shrooms, star polyps.

Hands down fastest is the Xenia’s.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In my other tanks my Xenia’s grow extremely well, Tonga torches, and shrooms, star polyps.

Are you blaming the Kessils? I’m sure that’s not it. But I agree, all of those corals take off in my tank.

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fastest is hard to say between the GSP and xenia... Probably GSP for me though.

Slowest for me was a small colony of zoas until they disappeared real recently (I think my rabbitfish had something to do with that). In a year and half they went from 3 polyp to 4. :p Other zoas have good growth though; not sure why this one didn't take off.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fastest is hard to say between the GSP and xenia... Probably GSP for me though.

Slowest for me was a small colony of zoas until they disappeared real recently (I think my rabbitfish had something to do with that). In a year and half they went from 3 polyp to 4. :p Other zoas have good growth though; not sure why this one didn't take off.
Zoas are weird for me. They either stayed the same or spread wildly. I’ve even had zoas buried in sand for more than a month and still come back to life

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do chalices grow at all? They just seem to sit like buckets.
Fastest: Hollywood stunner chalice. I need to dig up a pic of the thing before I started fragging it monthly. 1" growth all around it per month. I was giving it away at reef club meets, all the local LFS's were stocked and would not take it anymore. It now gets broken off monthly and fed to my sons puffer fish. Keeps the teeth filed down, and they love it lol.

Slowest: no name acro frag I have had for 4 years. It has PE, has encrusted, but about the same size as when it was placed. All other acros are doing great and growing like weeds.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fastest: Hollywood stunner chalice. I need to dig up a pic of the thing before I started fragging it monthly. 1" growth all around it per month. I was giving it away at reef club meets, all the local LFS's were stocked and would not take it anymore. It now gets broken off monthly and fed to my sons puffer fish. Keeps the teeth filed down, and they love it lol.

Slowest: no name acro frag I have had for 4 years. It has PE, has encrusted, but about the same size as when it was placed. All other acros are doing great and growing like weeds.
Amazing.

newbie2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fastest: waving hand Xenia, hands down.
Slowest: a colony of my acan and Pink Diamond zoas. My branching Hammer grows much faster than them.

burningstarIV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a chalice that is a Sprung's Stunner that was fragged recently. I can almost see new growth everyday. My current slowest grower is an utter chaos paly that just won't grow no matter where I place it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Fastest: Xenia and Kenyii tree

Slowest: Most of my acro

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%

Back