OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the pump I use to transfer water. Not much of the water is exposed to it at any given time but it all flows through it before going to the tank. I guess I could test my mixed water to see if it's contaminated before it reaches the tank. I did order chemipure elite just now as well.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the pump

Attachments

• 20221015_163118.jpg
    20221015_163118.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the pump
This is the pump I use to transfer water. Not much of the water is exposed to it at any given time but it all flows through it before going to the tank. I guess I could test my mixed water to see if it's contaminated before it reaches the tank. I did order chemipure elite just now as well.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry finally got both together
Was the rock used? If it was from a QT it could have been treated with copper and soaked it up.
Was the rock used? If it was from a QT it could have been treated with copper and soaked it up.
Thank you for taking the time to help

Attachments

• 20221015_163118.jpg
    20221015_163118.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 18

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The copper could have leached from the concrete I suppose. Also, if the the pump has copper tubing inside it's possible that the copper came from the pump but I would imagine since it's not sitting in the water, like you said, the contact time would be fairly minimal. Did you treat the DT with any medications?

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse my ignorance (or foggy mind as the case may be), but I can't come up with a translation for DT? However I haven't used any medications on the tank. Right now, my plan is to check the saltwater mixing tank with Triton, just to be safe, then do multiple large water changes as tbrown3589 and Triton both suggested, add a canister filter with chemipure elite and biomedia, get my skimmer going, and add macroalgae to the refugium (the first batch died and I sucked it out of the tank, I'm guessing I added it to soon, not enough nitrates, and possibly too far from the light). Does macroalgae remove phosphates? I am open to any further feedback or advice. I appreciate everyone's help very much.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please excuse my ignorance (or foggy mind as the case may be), but I can't come up with a translation for DT? However I haven't used any medications on the tank. Right now, my plan is to check the saltwater mixing tank with Triton, just to be safe, then do multiple large water changes as tbrown3589 and Triton both suggested, add a canister filter with chemipure elite and biomedia, get my skimmer going, and add macroalgae to the refugium (the first batch died and I sucked it out of the tank, I'm guessing I added it to soon, not enough nitrates, and possibly too far from the light). Does macroalgae remove phosphates? I am open to any further feedback or advice. I appreciate everyone's help very much.
Display Tank (DT), Quarantine Tank (QT)

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New information. I was talking to my brother today. His nephew has been getting his saltwater from me and reports that he can't keep crustaceans alive either. So the problem is likely in my mixing tank, or my water supply. I'm going to test the RODI water and the Salt mix both. If there's copper in the RODI. I'll change all the cartridges. If not (and there's copper in the mixing tank) I'll change out the transfer pump for an aquarium pump that can be mounted inline. Sound reasonable?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
New information. I was talking to my brother today. His nephew has been getting his saltwater from me and reports that he can't keep crustaceans alive either. So the problem is likely in my mixing tank, or my water supply. I'm going to test the RODI water and the Salt mix both. If there's copper in the RODI. I'll change all the cartridges. If not (and there's copper in the mixing tank) I'll change out the transfer pump for an aquarium pump that can be mounted inline. Sound reasonable?
Hmmm... There shouldn't be copper in the RODI. Do you use a water softener?

Back