Father's Day Special SALE! 25% OFF CODE + 25% Gift Cert Bonus Sale! Details Inside! New Corals, Frags, Inverts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first ASD order experience:

Placed an order early Saturday for a $350 Ultra War Paint scoly (mostly red color) and used the 15% off but minutes later the 25% came out. I sent an email trying to see if perhaps I could use the 25% Father’s Day discount but heard nothing back. I decided to just keep the order…what’s a few bucks more to support them.
Order came in today looked very much a different scoly (mostly orange). Went back to the site and was able to see that the one sent to me was most likely the $250 one. ☹️☹️
Anyone with better luck than I did?

8915F8CE-50C0-4799-8B55-27CBB4B27EFF.jpeg 2C844766-57AD-4BFA-ACF8-9C174F18F6EA.jpeg 7A64CE8C-5059-48B5-B108-D1ACA959E630.jpeg
@AquaSD

trietnguyen000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a call back from ASD and basically told the scoly I ordered wasn’t doing well so they decided to swap to a close patterned one. They can’t adjust or credit anything but maybe for a future order (didnt specifically said how). Representative said the sub one is similar in price. Clearly they substituted the one in the pic from their site. I guess none of them are WYSIWYG?

So bad…like how do you justify substituting something $100 different? I feel so cheated. I thought I at least some credits? Well that would be last time I buy from ASD. I’m a newbie so do not have much experience with good or bad vendors.
I would be careful purchasing from them. You might get your $2,000 scoly order replaced with a $200 one! ‍

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a call back from ASD and basically told the scoly I ordered wasn’t doing well so they decided to swap to a close patterned one. They can’t adjust or credit anything but maybe for a future order (didnt specifically said how). Representative said the sub one is similar in price. Clearly they substituted the one in the pic from their site. I guess none of them are WYSIWYG?

So bad…like how do you justify substituting something $100 different? I feel so cheated. I thought I at least some credits? Well that would be last time I buy from ASD. I’m a newbie so do not have much experience with good or bad vendors.
I would be careful purchasing from them. You might get your $2,000 scoly order replaced with a $200 one! ‍

We were in the process of offering you credit, but you kept on talking over us and not allowing us to explain, then hung up on us... I will process a refund for you for the difference right now.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were in the process of offering you credit, but you kept on talking over us and not allowing us to explain, then hung up on us... I will process a refund for you for the difference right now.
I miss the days of civility. Mistakes happen. @AquaSD is a solid group..hands down. I still love you guys!!

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

trietnguyen000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I did not talk over the rep. That’s disrespectful. I did say I would not be buying again and hang up after having difficult getting some credits back. Please tell the complete story. I don’t need the $100 refund. Keep it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back