Fauna Marin’s Ready2Reef offers complete one part dosing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fauna Marin joins the likes of Tropic Marin and Polyp Lab by providing a new one-part reef tank dosing solution called Ready2Reef. Best known for its Balling Light dosing solution, comprising three parts of Calcium, Magnesium, and Carbonate, plus another three parts of trace elements, Ready2Reef appears to combine everything into one super-easy to dose…
Source

Continue reading...

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to know what are the difference,but the tropic Marin AFR is much less expensive

JayTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone used ready2reef yet I'm interested to see some results been using Fm Balling light for around 6 years now with no probs and great results but interested as this looks super simple

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone used ready2reef yet I'm interested to see some results been using Fm Balling light for around 6 years now with no probs and great results but interested as this looks super simple
I've been using it for about a month now on one of my systems an 80 gallon. I wanted to try it out because on my reefer 625 I'm dosing the reef foundation stuff and it gets pricey dosing 7 different bottles. I have a doser which puts it on auto pilot though. I do not on my 80. Its keeping the big 3 in check at 10ml a day which is 5ml less than recommended for my water volume on a mixed reef with lots of coral mostly small/ medium frags. A 1000ml bottle is forty bucks so I figure 3 months on a bottle if things hold steady. Corals look good as well. Just by my calculations on my other tank I would be about 1 bottle a month and that's about 160 gal or so water volume but its mature and uses more. However I don't chase numbers and really only test alk regularly as my cal/mag stays pretty consistent with just water changes and light dosing.

Last edited:

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why use the copy from all for reef from tropic marin .The original works good and is way more cheap in powder form.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me there are some things in life worth paying extra for if its more convenient and saves me time and frustration.

So what is convenient and saves frustration with ready2reef compared to TM AFR? Both offer liquid products. Ignoring that is there something else? Curious is all.

If one uses either product in liquid over the counter form I'm not sure I see how one might be frustrated.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is convenient and saves frustration with ready2reef compared to TM AFR? Both offer liquid products. Ignoring that is there something else? Curious is all.

If one uses either product in liquid over the counter form I'm not sure I see how one might be frustrated.
I've never used TM so there's that. Found the product read up on it and tried it. The OP was asking about the FM product why are you even talking about TM? Just curious...

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used TM so there's that. Found the product read up on it and tried it. The OP was asking about the FM product why are you even talking about TM? Just curious...

You said 'To me there are some things in life worth paying extra for if its more convenient and saves me time and frustration' so I was curious what was more convenient, saves time, and frustration. Sounds like it is relates to something else and I blended in others TM AFR use.

TM AFR was mentioned here a few times. I personally do not care one way or another.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back