Fauna Marin Launches Complete ICP Test for $19.99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP1999.com is a new website by Fauna Marin that offers exactly what you’d think; a complete ICP water test of marine aquarium water for a penny less than twenty bucks. Fauna Marin has been offering an ICP test bundle for several years now but we the aggressive pricing certainly makes us wonder how they can […]
Source

Continue reading...

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is great and we will be doing it!

We have been waiting to get one done as we have 3 sources we wanted tested and that adds up.

You guys just made it very affordable and we bought the 4 pack!!

Last edited:

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these samples be sent to the EU for analysis or did they set up here in the US?

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really cool! How does this ICP test compare to others? I don’t really know much about it at all but it’s really interesting to me. I’ve been considering changing salts from IORC to Tropic Marin.

TD82cat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see this being offered at a more reasonable price. Just ordered as well

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just was wondering why 2 single kits cost 39.98 but a double kit cost 39.99. I know it's only a penny and I'm just being nit picky but was just wondering

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just was wondering why 2 single kits cost 39.98 but a double kit cost 39.99. I know it's only a penny and I'm just being nit picky but was just wondering

It looks like shipping is included on double kit and not on single.

Has anyone received their ICP test yet? I'm very curious about this option from a reputable company at a great price.

Nhltc99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like shipping is included on double kit and not on single.

Has anyone received their ICP test yet? I'm very curious about this option from a reputable company at a great price.
When I bought two weeks ago shipping was not included in the double kit. I paid $44.97, pricing may have changed though.

Received my kits a couple days later. Sent one out last week, tracking says it arrived to Fort Meyers 03/21 (Saturday). I think it gets forwarded to Germany from there according to their website. Waiting to get my results back as of now.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought two weeks ago shipping was not included in the double kit. I paid $44.97, pricing may have changed though.

Received my kits a couple days later. Sent one out last week, tracking says it arrived to Fort Meyers 03/21 (Saturday). I think it gets forwarded to Germany from there according to their website. Waiting to get my results back as of now.
So shipping wasn't included for both the kits sent to you AND the samples sent out?

Nhltc99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So shipping wasn't included for both the kits sent to you AND the samples sent out?
For the ones I ordered, that is correct. I don't believe they were advertising free shipping when I ordered though. Also, I expected to have to pay to ship the samples back to them. It ran me $4 from WI to FL via USPS First class 3day

ryan-23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for icp testing when do you take the sample water? Before a water change or after?

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always done it right before a water change. Was always concerned that I wouldn't get a true reading if fresh saltwater was in the sample. Plus, sometimes they recommend a water change to align parameters. If this is the case you should be good as you did a water change afterwards already.

ryan-23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always done it right before a water change. Was always concerned that I wouldn't get a true reading if fresh saltwater was in the sample. Plus, sometimes they recommend a water change to align parameters. If this is the case you should be good as you did a water change afterwards already.
Thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back