Fauna Marin Launches Complete ICP Test for $19.99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP-Analysis.com and Triton both have labs in the US, if you need a faster turn-around time.
Great! The first one comes with free return shipping for $29.99, not bad just a few bucks more expensive than fauna. How’s their reputation?

sbidny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! The first one comes with free return shipping for $29.99, not bad just a few bucks more expensive than fauna. How’s their reputation?

Not the best in the business, but Fauna Marin hasn't proven itself yet either. Triton and ATI are usually considered the best, but you pay more for them.

That's why I'm hoping to compare these four. If either ICP-Analysis.com or Fauna Marin compares favorably to ATI and Triton, I may use them for most of my tests and just compare them annually.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that these are forwarded overnight to Germany every other day. At least, that's what I read in the latest Coral Magazine. They claim 5-7 business days to get a result, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes at least a couple of weeks given the current state of things.

We ship it overnight 3 times a week and the analysis will be online the same day it arrives. The biggest problem we have is the national ground shipping. Of course we expected problems because of the current situation but not that much. Our expirence showed that shippings with tracking are much faster but there we have another problem. Tracking works only if you bring it personally to an office and this is something we also do not recommend. So what we do is the users who had issues contacted me directly and we worked out something to make it less inconvinient.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best in the business, but Fauna Marin hasn't proven itself yet either. Triton and ATI are usually considered the best, but you pay more for them.

That's why I'm hoping to compare these four. If either ICP-Analysis.com or Fauna Marin compares favorably to ATI and Triton, I may use them for most of my tests and just compare them annually.
I got you. Hopefully they’re good to drive down the cost. Just curious how often does most people get it done. I want to get it done because my stuffs keep dying, slowly.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ship it overnight 3 times a week and the analysis will be online the same day it arrives. The biggest problem we have is the national ground shipping. Of course we expected problems because of the current situation but not that much. Our expirence showed that shippings with tracking are much faster but there we have another problem. Tracking works only if you bring it personally to an office and this is something we also do not recommend. So what we do is the users who had issues contacted me directly and we worked out something to make it less inconvinient.
I would like to try out your company, is there any promo code now?

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, George! Many will trade speed for price, if the accuracy is reasonable.

Concerning the accuracy this is something that relies on trust from my point of view. Our lab is running since nearly 5 years and it was always part of our farm and the product developement. From our point of view that connection of the ICP to a real livestock facility is very important because the ICP needs constant calibration and crosscheck. Even very small things can cause many problems. Even a sample with low salinity can cause issues on the results of all the other samples. So the ICP machine is only 50% of the job the other 50% is the manpower or in our case womanpower :) We have two biologists who take care of what you are sending. So your samples are in good hands :)

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My suggestion would be to compare three components:
1.) Hardware (What hardware is used for the ICP analysis)
2.) Manpower (What sort of qualification does the person have doing the analysis)
3.) Connection to livestock (Is there any sort of direct connection with a livestock facility for calibration and crosscheck)

Comparing the answers to these three things will give you a good idea about the accurancy.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got you. Hopefully they’re good to drive down the cost. Just curious how often does most people get it done. I want to get it done because my stuffs keep dying, slowly.
This is something we do receive quite often and the people hope that ICP will give them an answer. This could be in some cases but believe me ICP is not the ALL IN ONE solution for treating your tank. I know that this is sometimes the feeling you get when you read the adds but Fauna Marin ICP is not like that. It is a useful guide no question and if you have a major poison issue the ICP will tell you this but believe me this is very rare issue. If you have problems now and your tank size is medium buy a good salt and start to do water changes. This is the right start and then you can also check with ICP.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
any updates on lost test?
Mine are lost

Sent a message to George last night and this morning he asked for the tracking number.

On 4/29 I simply put them in the envelopes and dropped them in the mail box so I have NO tracking number.

I hope George makes this right and sends a new 4 pack of tests or refunds the money.

I'm hopefully but its a shame

Stuff happens and I'm looking forward to Fauna making it right.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it available in canada?

To be honest I am not sure if the sets are available. The single version should be available. Please try to contact a local Fauna Marin dealer and he might be able to tell you details. If this is not working let me know and I will try to find it out.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine are lost

Sent a message to George last night and this morning he asked for the tracking number.

On 4/29 I simply put them in the envelopes and dropped them in the mail box so I have NO tracking number.

I hope George makes this right and sends a new 4 pack of tests or refunds the money.

I'm hopefully but its a shame

Stuff happens and I'm looking forward to Fauna making it right.
Thank you George for the replacement and fingers crossed this time the shipping company gets it right ✅

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@George-Fauna Marin I was on the fence for trying your companies ICP test, but seeing you take an active roll in this thread pushed it over the top for me. Ordered two kits, if it lives up to expectations then you guys created a price point that allows monthly testing.

Promo code reef2reef-staysafe does work to save 10%, in case anyone wants to try this test.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back