Fauna Marin Launches Complete ICP Test for $19.99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wilsonline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give me some time I will reactivate the "reef2reef-staysafe" for May. I think this would be fair to compensate at least a little the longer shipping time.
Thanks, I just ordered the 3+1 test. Came out for 67 bucks! Amazing! Thanks again. This will be my first time doing this kind of thing.

barber42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is lost too, how are you guys shipping them? I am very hesitant to try this test again. It seems lots of people are having their test lost.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is lost too, how are you guys shipping them? I am very hesitant to try this test again. It seems lots of people are having their test lost.

You contacted me already and I explained it to you but I can explain it again. I made already many posts where I explain that the national ground shipping is currently a lot under pressure and there should be sort of understanding for this. I also posted the links where USPS explain it. Another problem is that we have not been aware of the fact that we must explain how shipping works in USA. When you want to ship a small package you need to pay more than if you send a postcard. So please do not use 1 stamp only for the complete shipping of the sample. At least put 3 stamps on the envelope. If you want 100% security please invest $2 extra for the tracking. Then we are able to tell you where it is and when you will receive the results. When you just throw it in a black hole we are not able to tell you when it will come out on the other side. Another thing is that only the people who are having a shipping problem are making the experience public. All the people who received their results and are happy with the service do not put in on public. This is why for example you are saying that it seems lots of people have lost their test. This is not the case. Currently the ration of samples that do not arrive is at 1%. Mostly the test with only 1 stamp are not arriving. I am not a USPS expert but I believe they just throw it away because it simply did not have enough stamps. Here again the picture of how the daily arrival looks like.

A5982D4C-13F4-4DF9-9179-69C7AD5EAC07.png

U

User1

View Badges
C-19. No carrier regardless if federal or private is committing to overnight deliveries as medical and other supplies have priorities. This does not give a pass for things to get lost but everyone should assume there is pressure in the logistical space.

If the hobbyist is paying for shipping then the onus is on the hobbyist to put the correct amount on it. This isn't difficult to figure out if you have a scale at home. Weight the package, look up shipping rate and package size, apply the correct number of stamps. If you are still unsure grab your personal PPE, get on transportation of your choice, and head to the local post office. Stand in line, ask how much postage is needed, pay for it, apply, and off you go.

Another choice is to use a ICP vendor who includes the shipping label and cost for you.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C-19. No carrier regardless if federal or private is committing to overnight deliveries as medical and other supplies have priorities. This does not give a pass for things to get lost but everyone should assume there is pressure in the logistical space.

If the hobbyist is paying for shipping then the onus is on the hobbyist to put the correct amount on it. This isn't difficult to figure out if you have a scale at home. Weight the package, look up shipping rate and package size, apply the correct number of stamps. If you are still unsure grab your personal PPE, get on transportation of your choice, and head to the local post office. Stand in line, ask how much postage is needed, pay for it, apply, and off you go.

Another choice is to use a ICP vendor who includes the shipping label and cost for you.

Yes I agree. There are several suppliers of ICP on the market and it´s good that they are all different. Some include the shipping, some are cheap, some have different analysis methods.... This means everyone can choose what works best for him. I believe this is a much better way to offer different products than just do a 1:1 copy. Fauna Marin is always trying to go a new way. Our plan here was to make ICP something usual so that it is done much more frequently. To make this possible we had to focus on the core. This is why for example our ICP is not doing Kh or adding shipping labels. The idea is that you can choose the right thing according to the purpose. If you look on our systems it is the same. We do not have ALL IN ONE products because every tank is different. Our ICP is going the same way. We are changing our labels next week. As you can see we ask to use priority shipping but this is not a MUST DO. We are also receiving samples with just the 3 stamps on it so it works but please do not use stamps if you want to know exactly anytime where your sample is because we are not able to tell you where it is until it arrives in Florida.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-29 um 10.40.32.png

barber42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent a new one out today, and got a tracking number. I look forward to the results. As it says affix stamp. This caused me to believe one would be enough.

69DE8525-142A-41DA-8C8D-3889A0EB07E5.jpeg

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I am planning on order two test kits and just want to make sure there’s no expiration date or when I have to submit the test correct? And the 10% off is good till when?

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent a new one out today, and got a tracking number. I look forward to the results. As it says affix stamp. This caused me to believe one would be enough.

69DE8525-142A-41DA-8C8D-3889A0EB07E5.jpeg

Yes I agree this is something we changed now. This stamp picture is very comman to be used here in Europe. It is meant symbolic and just to show the area where you should put the postage. We have not expected that this will be regarded as an instruction.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I am planning on order two test kits and just want to make sure there’s no expiration date or when I have to submit the test correct? And the 10% off is good till when?

There is zero expiration date on the ICP. The ICP SET contains two empty vials and a piece of paper where you put your contact details. You use the vials for sending us samples of your tank. Yes there is currently a discount if you go to our page.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning @George-Fauna Marin
How long does ICP testing take once I have notification that the sample arrived in Ft Myers?
USPS tracking says it arrived in Fort Myers 10/21/2020. I think it still goes to Germany after this and don't know how the pandemic is affecting everything.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @George-Fauna Marin
Edit: my test results were sent and went to my Junk mail 4 days ago. Make sure to check your junk mail if waiting for result.

Last edited:

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @George-Fauna Marin
I still don’t have results from sample that has USPS tracking as received in Fort Meyers 10/21/2020.
Tracking # 9500 1139 4463 0293 3652 12

Is longer than 2 weeks expected or is this sample lost?

Hello SMSREEF,

You probably get the results by the end of this week or earlier next week. Once the sample arrive to Fort Meyers, they need to ship that to Germany, probably that happened this week not on Friday and once is on Germany you will get the results in a few days. This have been my experience with a few test I send already. Usually have take me between 7 to 9 days to get the results.

Also make sure you look of ICP-Lap in your Junk mail as their email can go there without you notice that.

Hope this get you an idea.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello SMSREEF,

You probably get the results by the end of this week or earlier next week. Once the sample arrive to Fort Meyers, they need to ship that to Germany, probably that happened this week not on Friday and once is on Germany you will get the results in a few days. This have been my experience with a few test I send already. Usually have take me between 7 to 9 days to get the results.

Also make sure you look of ICP-Lap in your Junk mail as their email can go there without you notice that.

Thank you @Robinson

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For people getting issues with shipping, what I do is through Paypal I create and pay a shipping label. I use First-class mail service and I think the package weight with the sample is around 3 oz. The cost of this (depends of the location) but for me shipping this from South Florida is $2.74, this will give you tracking number so you can actually know where is the package and also is a lot cheaper than priority mail.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For people getting issues with shipping, what I do is through Paypal I create and pay a shipping label. I use First-class mail service and I think the package weight with the sample is around 3 oz. The cost of this (depends of the location) but for me shipping this from South Florida is $2.74, this will give you tracking number so you can actually know where is the package and also is a lot cheaper than priority mail.

Can you send a link because this sounds very interesting?

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you send a link because this sounds very interesting?

Sure,

The user will need a Paypal account in order to be able to create the shipping label and pay for it on the same transaction. And actually is a little bit cheaper via paypal than going to the office mail.

Robinson.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello SMSREEF,

I got my results on Monday. Like you said at end of your post,it was in my Junk mail.

I have no clue how that happened because the one prior didn’t get get put into Junk by my email provider.

That’s a good lesson for me, and maybe for others. Check your junk mail even if you have gotten a test prior delivered in your mail.

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought two weeks ago shipping was not included in the double kit. I paid $44.97, pricing may have changed though.

Received my kits a couple days later. Sent one out last week, tracking says it arrived to Fort Meyers 03/21 (Saturday). I think it gets forwarded to Germany from there according to their website. Waiting to get my results back as of now.
So what did you think of the ICP results from the Fauna Marin test?

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what did you think of the ICP results from the Fauna Marin test?
I use them religiously.
george at FM is a treat to work with.

I make my adjustments based on their results - and the tank is doing great.
My only complaint is that they don’t test for fluoride. That’s the only missing element that I want to track.
And while I am at this wishing well - I wish they tested Rodi too. But then they may want to charge what ATI does and I definitely don’t want that lol.

Back