• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Favias, Favias, Favias... Underrated Beauties

Bryce Peterson

View Badges
Reaction score
20160103_112856.jpg
Any agressio between Favites and Favia? I have red and green war corals that could use something in-between. I personally prefer them to my zoas and like that they are generally slow growers.

Last edited:

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Absolutely love favias! They are among my favorites of all times. Have a couple tennis ball sized colonies that began as just as a few eyes. Tyree Triton and WWC SpongeBob to begin with. Have a Tyree Dragon Soul that is over 6" in diameter and began as just three polyps almost 6yrs ago. Have several other smaller pieces that I can't wait for them to grow out. WWC Pink o de Favio, Event Horizon, Tequila Sunrise amongst others. I'll see if I can find some shots to share.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice thread!

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Is the JF Bi-polar Favia also grafted? I bought this piece and was curious if it'd develop the other colors. JF's colony pic and my frag.
image.jpeg
image.png

That guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got some u listed love favias so cool lil sad thou only have a pink in my day glow was hoping I'd get blue but don't look good but I have to re read post but I get different colors on some of mine depending on lighting
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452052694.881310.jpg

Three I didn't see on list that are sweet candy crush candy corn and tyree war and peace

Last edited:

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Great write up Darwin! LC Ferrari Enzo is a handsome looking coral! A lot of these....well the majority of these brightly colored pieces are favites. Some of them just ridiculous! Like you mentioned the most famous of this coral being the Tyree War Coral. If I had to pic a favorite favia it would probably be Pirates Booty. I know the Rain of War favites came from Jeff at Reef Cheif. Heres a pic of the mother.

Reef Cheif's image of the mother Rain of War

TNT32D

View Badges
Reaction score
This is an eye opener. I don't know what it is but when visiting LFS I can remember a nice SPS, Shroom, Clam, or Zoa but never remember a nice favia? Will be more observant now because they are colorful. Thanks for the write up Darwin

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
Here goes the dragon soul that the photo went missing in my previous post:

I was also lucky to score a strawberry Favia I was after for a long time:
Looking great! Glad to see this thread brought back up.

Here's some photos of some new pieces along with updates on a couple of the colonies in my original post.

How's everyone else's pieces doing?

Have you ever used a spoon, hose and rubber band together to remove algae?

• YES

Votes: 27 7.0%
  • NO

Votes: 193 49.7%
  • What the heck? (see the thread)

Votes: 168 43.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Triton Marine Aquaculture