Favias, Favias, Favias... Underrated Beauties

Dom274

View Badges
Reaction score
Looking forward to the pictures. It's a beautiful piece once you get some nice blues in it.

Yeah, I actually had no idea it picked up blue in it. I had been meaning to figure out what’s the deal with it for a little while now. Glad I came across this post!

743B2A83-7277-4E52-B9B9-A7540CB9F260.jpeg

DDEBC5DF-0554-4EC0-876F-B61D34C93E80.jpeg

Sabellafella

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I can’t wait until mine gets that big.. although I’ve been saying that my entire life!! Smh
It just decided to take off on me. It's actually growing underneight the frag rack just like the day glo. What i found really cool is the day glo got an insane color to the growth under the rack. As soon as I get more 5 inch plates - I will frag both corals away from eachother and take some photos.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
I Love mine...have no idea the "name" of it, but it is one of my best growers and has done well since the day I purchased it (from LFS). 4 months ago you could see frag plug all the way around it....

Favites.jpg

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
I have never kept favia or chalice under my led so I’m a bit reluctant to buy a lot. Anyone on this thread use reefbreeders or similar on there tanks?
I have the reefbreeders SuperLux fixtures over my 180. I keep favias and chalices with no problem. Run my whites at 10% and blues at 40%. Just use good light acclimation technique by starting them low or in a shaded area and move them slowly to where you like.

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I need to get chatting with you. I have a 180 been set up for five years. Had tons of issues from my dry rock dino and in the last year things finally are good with no algae or anything. Now I’m trying to get back to keeping corals. Have always had a few shrooms and bought a few things from a local guy month or so ago. Monti and slimer and they are encrusted and doing good. Bought some stuff from wwc and don’t wanna kill it. Do you have a build thread ?

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
Legendary corals has an amazing pack right now. I was going to get it but I had already purchased one from someone else. It’s a steal for what you get...
Thank you! It's a little bit of everything. :)

1st Row: LC Ferrari Enzo, FX Yellow Brick Road, Rain of War, SR Mighty Max, LC Berserker
2nd Row: Zen Reef's Frosted Maul, Fascination Favia, Gonzo's Spicy Lemon, LC Yellow Fever, LC Burning Magma
3rd Row: Gonzo's War Machine, LC Royal Flush, JF Top Fuel, JF DayGlo, CC Darth Maul

Surgeon_za

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm a big SPS addict but have to admit this is one of my favorite corals in the tank ;Shamefullyembarrased

Not sure what it is exactly other than pretty :D
Favia.jpg

Would you be interested in seeing the Reef of the Month come back?

• YES

Votes: 285 95.6%
  • NO

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 3 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Motorcitycorals