Favias, Favias, Favias... Underrated Beauties

jp_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Any trick to get that bright color back on Spicy Lemon Favia? It’s brownish now....I have it on sandbed with around 100 par, low/medium flow.
How often do you feed them?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Any trick to get that bright color back on Spicy Lemon Favia? It’s brownish now....I have it on sandbed with around 100 par, low/medium flow.
Bring it up a bit off sandbed. They respond well under higher blue lighting and moderate flow. I feed 2-3X per week- Direct feed and also try adding Brightwell Koral color which seems to enhance coloration as well as amino acid, Iodine and potassium.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Bring it up a bit off sandbed. They respond well under higher blue lighting and moderate flow. I feed 2-3X per week- Direct feed and also try adding Brightwell Koral color which seems to enhance coloration as well as amino acid, Iodine and potassium.

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
We have ours off to the side but a bit higher up in light. Just took this photo last night!

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but that's a Jason Fox coral, I'm curious as to the Legendary Corals name on this piece, its a picture from them.
We've been selling this piece as FX Yellow Brick Road, but it's very similar if not the same to JF Gold Rush. It grows incredibly slow for us.

Do you have reef tank aspirations and visions?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 93 86.1%
  • NO

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
First Choice