Favorite amino acid for corals,coral food,fish food

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what is your favorite AA for corals,coral food and fish food that you have seen great success with. Tell us a little bit about how you use them and why. Any other info you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Bluecbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saki hikari probiotics, hikari seaweed extreme n marine s, hikari frozen mysis, ON formula 1

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like fish roe as well. I'm fortunate to live near the ocean & I fish also. i collect roe while preparing my catch for dinner.

Willragan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I alternate phytofeast and oysterfeast followed by reef energy B. My understanding is that reef energy A is suspended organics and B is aminos and vitamins so I felt reef energy A would add pretty much same thing the phyto and oysterfeast are adding so I opt for just the B as ive had the best growth and color from phyto. Kept a sea Apple for 5 years and fed him phyto daily and my corals never looked better or grew more. As far as alternating the phyto and oysterfeast rather than phyto daily I simply figured a more varied diet would be better for the corals. Have not really formed a solid opinion yet as to the accuracy of that statement.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started K-Z Amino Acids about two weeks ago and I think I'm actually noticing a difference... possibly the best snake oil I've used :)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp Labs Polyp Booster and Reef Roids
Cobalt Mysis Flakes
LRS Nano Reef
Ocean Nutrition Green Marine Algae
New Life Spectrum Marine Fish Formula

Last edited:

NickNiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuel and Reef Energy are about the same, but I've heard Reef Energy is better for one reason. Apparently carbs and fat (or two of something else in these supplements) sort of counteract each other, and lower the products efficiency in its intended purpose. That's why Reef Energy is separated into 2 parts.

I've used both (currently on Fuel) but I think I'll go back to Reef Energy once Fuel runs out.

I also feed Reef Roids (target fed to lessen waste and in conjunction with polyp booster), and Mysis shrimp for inhabitants. If it's pertinent, this is a 12-gallon softie and LPS tank with an AI Prime HD fixture.

Andrewalex11

Reef Technology
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill feed the Cyclopoids first in a slight excess so they really float around good for that first day and allow the corals to eat somewhat naturally. Mysis in the middle of the week to keep excess nutrients low. and finally ill end with some high-nutrient pellets the day before my water change so anything that might not get eaten doesn't become a problem later on.

I haven't really enjoyed using any type of "Coral Foods" and I tried a few..

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuel aquavitro. My new system is lean so I feed everything as much as I can & it maintains a low p04.

Back