Favorite Bulbs in a T5-LED Hybrid

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone. I'm starting a new build and decided to go the hybrid route with my lighting. I ordered the aquatic life 48" fixture and have 2 Radion XR30 pros for the LEDs, however, I've never used T5 before and all the bulb options are kind of overwhelming. What is everyone's favorite 4 bulb setup with the LEDs? Thanks in advance for your help!

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running 4x b+ with 4x AI 26’s.

Sticker shock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Sticker Shock. I was going to go with 2 Blue+ but I was debating between Coral+ and True Actinic for the other 2.
All I can say is it has a good clean look without LED, but I push up the blue with the LEDs later in the day. I’ve been able to grow everything I’ve added to this point including some of the “beginner“ SPS, a RBTA and many softies. I have some videos in my build thread if you check that out.

OP
OP
J

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is it has a good clean look without LED, but I push up the blue with the LEDs later in the day. I’ve been able to grow everything I’ve added to this point including some of the “beginner“ SPS, a RBTA and many softies. I have some videos in my build thread if you check that out.
Honestly that's where I was torn. I didn't know what was better, trying to use the LEDs to up the Blues or going heavy blue with the T5s and using the radions to tone it down with whites if needed.

Back