Favorite, must have reef, part, tool, toy. Best bang for the buck? Wont go without?

Favorite, must have reef, part, tool, toy. Best bang for the buck? Worth way more than it cost?

• pumps

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • lights

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • accessories, tongs, ladders, gloves,

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • reactors, dosing equipment

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • fish traps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Office chair

• Magnifying glass

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • random other.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • specific livestock

• Total voters

smellytunic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Handy tool to always have around. A piece of 1/4in rigid tubing with a section of airline tubing attached to it. Think mini gravel vacuum makes a handy siphon tool for cleaning up. Great for getting to smaller tight spots, in and along rocks, corners, sections were gunk collects, etc. The size allows you to clean up with out the need for a large water change.

delandreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Razor blade scraper.
upload_2019-4-9_8-52-44.png

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HEATER CONTROLLER!

Never, I mean NEVER, run an aquarium without one!
I was looking through your build thread... 70 pages! ummm... could you kinda point me in the direction where you discussed your heater set up with controller. It's time i act on this and a battery back up. Thank and great build thread!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking through your build thread... 70 pages! ummm... could you kinda point me in the direction where you discussed your heater set up with controller. It's time i act on this and a battery back up. Thank and great build thread!

Thanks!

Here is the link to the controller:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0152LYY0I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe this is where the heater stuff starts:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/9...pdated-grand-total.439444/page-4#post-5041135

That being said, I have an extra controller and 3d printed mount for it. PM me if you want it. It's never been used. I even have the Ranco clear silicone heatshrink to protect the probe.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks!

Here is the link to the controller:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0152LYY0I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe this is where the heater stuff starts:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/9...pdated-grand-total.439444/page-4#post-5041135

That being said, I have an extra controller and 3d printed mount for it. PM me if you want it. It's never been used. I even have the Ranco clear silicone heatshrink to protect the probe.

Thank you greatly! I’ll read up on your post more and when you mentioned the clear silicone it’s in line with my plans so I’ll probably take you up on the offer. I’ll PM you from here

OP
OP
w2inc

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great! I am on board with all of the above and there are a couple I haven't used. Thanks for pitching in.

I love this little one step aluminum ladder. Bought it 3 years ago for my sign shop. It ended up in the fish room and became a must have. Home Depot about $29. I tried others, but they always end up in the shed.
Gorilla Ladders
2-Step Aluminum Step Stool Ladder with 225 lbs. Type II Duty Rating

gorilla-ladders-step-stools-gla-2-40_1000.jpg

(I would never give up my second hand ergonomic office chair that lets me relax and wheel around from tank to tank.)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Back