Favorite place to buy copepods

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mine from here. All I want and their free. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Rocks on beach.JPG

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with shipping copepods at high density in bottles is that, if the box gets too warm, they use up all their oxygen resulting in massive mortalities. In a 5 gallon bucket, you have plenty of gas exchange at the surface so the pods get oxygen. The copepods also aren't as dense in a 5 gallon bucket as in our 6 oz. bottles. While the copepods we work with are very hardy, they aren't tough enough to handle severe oxygen depletion. This is why we ship them at a maximum of 2 days transit time.

I hope this helps shed some light on this topic. We hate the shipping costs as much as you do, which is why we offer alternatives to buy like via your LFS or an online retailer like SalwaterAquarium.com.
Of the 6-8 LFS I visit on a regular basis, none have local pods or phyto. The few that carry, usually have AquaBarn or Reef Nutrition. The three aquaculture growers in the area - they do not sell local pickup, they require shipping. AquariumDepot is 4 blocks from my parents house, but require shipping. RUSalty also will not allow pickup.

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Of the 6-8 LFS I visit on a regular basis, none have local pods or phyto. The few that carry, usually have AquaBarn or Reef Nutrition. The three aquaculture growers in the area - they do not sell local pickup, they require shipping. AquariumDepot is 4 blocks from my parents house, but require shipping. RUSalty also will not allow pickup.
If it helps, we offer free shipping on orders over $60, with a live delivery guarantee. Feel free to check out our sponsor forum to see some honest reviews.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to hear we are available in your area. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Also, thanks so much for supporting your LFS!

-Chad

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it helps, we offer free shipping on orders over $60, with a live delivery guarantee. Feel free to check out our sponsor forum to see some honest reviews.
I just received my first order of pods and phyto from Dinkins last week. I was extremely pleased with the product, packaging and support information. They will be my go to from now on. You can’t go wrong and won’t be disappointed!

Corn674

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually order from a guy on facebook, page named 'The Fish Dude copepod and live reef food'. The price and density is far above what I have gotten from the major brands I've tried. I feel like copepods get marked up pretty crazy in some cases and then you get a really low population density as well.
Checked him out he had to shut his doors unfortunately :( tough times

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back