Favorite places to buy Acros or just SPS in general?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ora. I think they would be careful about not sending pests. I trust them.

Yea Ora is solid, it’s sad they have not tried to increase their inventory in any decent way, still what they have are always solid corals and you don’t have to worry about much if they come straight from ora and don’t touch a local stores system.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also add bird fish at livestockusa.org, don’t let the scammy looking website fool you. It’s jumbled together because he has a lot of info on it and probably handles every aspect of the site and whatnot himself. Best and easiest place for reefers to cut their teeth on some mariculture or wild coral. Very helpful and will steer you in the right direction for what your looking for. Since finding good options for wild and Mari stuff these days is hard I figured I would add him. Though it’s been years since I have talked to him, I doubt he has changed anything.

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battle corals, reef bum is a stand up guy as well, thirstys reef and my all time favorite especially for lps BSA corals Ben is an awesome guy

Trizz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking to get a list of online vendors that you guys have had good experience with for buying SPS. Whether it’s good pricing, fast/reliable shipping and good arrival guarantee, or high quality or rare specimens.
What are your favorite online vendors for SPS and why?

And also, having trouble finding vendors that actually specify the exact species of acro, im not that experienced yet in acros to visually identify what they are without the whole scientific species name instead of just calling it an “acro” along with whatever the random “designer” name some random decided to name it. For instance if im more interested in a tabling acro versus one that mostly just branches upwards. If any of you know of or have a vendor that lists sps scientific full names would be a bonus to me as well.

01D0966B-4E28-4055-B770-DC38BB1C8D8E.jpeg
look for CoralWealth in selling forum in PA one of the best sellers on the forum,

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for Coral Euphoria. Of all the places I’ve tried his have done the best. They lost the least amount of color, didn’t have any rogue critters on them and so far 100% survival rate. I think the trick is he has a mandatory 7 day wait so they have a little recovery time after cut. I wait 2-3 weeks and they all had good encrusting already.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to sit back and think on this one...
In my humble opinion, for acros, the #1, hands down, acro vendor is Adam, from @Battlecorals
From an acro head, nerd perspective, Adam gets it, the unique battlebrush, is just one cool example of exactly HOW he understands the acro game. Branding some of the most unique, collectible acros is another reason, some of his "named" pieces will continue on, after many large vendors are all but forgotten. Creating kick butt acro growout contents also shows his commitment to the game, for the haul...
Battlebox is just marketing genius, and any other company that dare tries to duplicate would just be a lame copycat.
Long live the BC Cricket Spine, perhaps my favorite acro of all time, most certainly in the red variety ;)
Private collectors are also a staple, and worth mentioning. Some amazing hobbyists/collectors I have purchased from:
@therman
@aquavista99
@coral reeftank
@Sweet Reef Corals
@sfg
@justahobbyright
@Coronus
@Coral Love

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had to sit back and think on this one...
In my humble opinion, for acros, the #1, hands down, acro vendor is Adam, from @Battlecorals
From an acro head, nerd perspective, Adam gets it, the unique battlebrush, is just one cool example of exactly HOW he understands the acro game. Branding some of the most unique, collectible acros is another reason, some of his "named" pieces will continue on, after many large vendors are all but forgotten. Creating kick butt acro growout contents also shows his commitment to the game, for the haul...
Battlebox is just marketing genius, and any other company that dare tries to duplicate would just be a lame copycat.
Long live the BC Cricket Spine, perhaps my favorite acro of all time, most certainly in the red variety ;)
Private collectors are also a staple, and worth mentioning. Some amazing hobbyists/collectors I have purchased from:
@therman
@aquavista99
@coral reeftank
@Sweet Reef Corals
@sfg
@justahobbyright
@Coronus
@Coral Love

Bookmarked this for future reference. If I don’t order from BC, it would be a large collector like these guys. Of course I’m trying not to buy acros at all, but we will see how long I can stave off the need (it’s a need dang it!!!).

Vladthelarge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second the vote for @FraghouseCorals . Good variety and the prices can't be beaten. You may not find the named strands that are highly sought after, but their frags are healthy and colorful.

Also, don't overlook the value of getting frags from the marketplace in reef2reef. You'll often find the best prices that way.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favs in order:
Battlecorals - Battlebox and let Adam pick. He even has bargain bin boxes which is 5-6 frags shipped for $145. (Not high ends). Regular Battlebox will usually include a couple freebies and at least 1-2 heavy hitters.
Fraghouse - his sales are mind blowing.
TCK - great stuff and great live sales though refreshing all day is soul sucking.
ARC - good stuff and good deals on live sale.
TSA - great corals but $$$ even on live sales.
Tidal gardens - no glitz but nice pieces at fair prices.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back