Favorite places to buy Acros or just SPS in general?

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@thirstysreef, @Lazys Coral House and @SweetReefOH are great for sticks. If you are in Cincinnati then Lazys and Sweetreefoh are great for acros. Both are in Dayton area and an easy drive. Sweetreefoh post sales on r2r frequently and you can get great deals.
Battlecorals and Cherry Corals are two of my favorites. But there are also many great small time and local vendor/hobbyists. Tim Herman @therman has outstanding stuff in Northern Ohio. I would also second Lazy's and SweetReef. If you don't mind a Drive the Pittsburg reef expo is coming up April 1, i'll be there and i think Jason Fox and Cherry corals, and i'm sure many other great vendors for acros. There are a lot of good vendors out there, i have had good experiences from TCK corals, TSA, and SBB though i think i have only bought from them once each.
Thanks for the name drop guys. I appreciate the kind words and referral. I’m actually going to be dropping a new, 50+ acro thread tomorrow (Thursday 3-8-23) around 12pm EST :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man when I first posted this the thread was dead for almost an entire day. Get back on and you guys blew this thread up with lots of great people and places for me to check out…. I appreciate all your guys inputs on this! My 310gal is going to be a mixed reef but planning to be heavier on sticks. Appreciate it guys!
Feel free to keep the suggestions coming if someone you’ve had great experience with wasn’t mentioned here yet.

matt_work27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant go wrong with battle corals. But if you are looking for the best prices, try local reefers (not the battlecorals has bad prices)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go ahead and throw our hat in the ring. 100% true aquacultured corals and anemones (we specialize in sps). over 30 years experience in the hobby. Large frags with exceptional health and we absolutely take care of our customers if there are any issues with shipments. We also just paid for our Reef2Reef sponsorship today! www.epicaquaculture.com

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive bought from many vendors listed here. The best so far is Top Shelf aquatics for me. There stuff has always looked exactly the same in my tank as online and if you buy during a sale they have really good deals. Seems like they have a sale each month. Adam over at Battle corals has really nice stuff also and has always gave me extras and been a stand up guy. Like others have said if you can find local that's always the best. I sold a ton of stuff from my own tank for literally pennys on the dollar what you would payonline.

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go ahead and throw our hat in the ring. 100% true aquacultured corals and anemones (we specialize in sps). over 30 years experience in the hobby. Large frags with exceptional health and we absolutely take care of our customers if there are any issues with shipments. We also just paid for our Reef2Reef sponsorship today! www.epicaquaculture.com
Bill?

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% of my sps corals are from Epic Aquaculture.

Pictures aren't juices and they're an extremely close resemblance of the actual coral.

I recently lost a few large colonies that have been in my tank for years, and they offered to replace the ones I lost with frags.

I don't think I'm going to take him up on his offer, but the gesture was above and beyond.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some nice acros come in from

top shelf aquatics

Also recently ordered 3 from:

@CoralWealth

Good stuff worth checking out. Tsa has top tier packaging imo

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% of my sps corals are from Epic Aquaculture.

Pictures aren't juices and they're an extremely close resemblance of the actual coral.

I recently lost a few large colonies that have been in my tank for years, and they offered to replace the ones I lost with frags.

I don't think I'm going to take him up on his offer, but the gesture was above and beyond.
Bills got some really nice sticks! Can’t wait for them to make it to Vegas again for the next coral show..

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bills got some really nice sticks! Can’t wait for them to make it to Vegas again for the next coral show..
I haven't kept up on where you're located these days.

But AZ is just a hop, skip and a jump away. Hehe

It amazes me, the coral selection EA Corals have.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't kept up on where you're located these days.

But AZ is just a hop, skip and a jump away. Hehe

It amazes me, the coral selection EA Corals have.
It sure is.. next time visiting family out there I’ll have to check it out.. I’m in Vegas still… born and raised… rare breed lol

Back