Favorite Thing You’ve Watched Recently on Netflix, Hulu or Prime

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the gems I have found on Netflix is "Merlin" which is a fantastic series about the Arthurian (sword in the stone) legend -- I just love it and have recommended it to a lot of people. Great actors! Also, I watched "Doctor Foster" (not a medical show) and "You" which were darker, but still good shows. For comedy, my family enjoyed "Grace and Frankie". I'm not sure if it was meant for kids, but "A Series of Unfortunate Events" was also really good hahaha
I’ll second grace and Frankie. Great show. Not for little kids. They wouldn’t get it. I don’t have kids, but Prime has The Wilderness Family, at least it did a month ago. One of my favorites as a kid, and after watching it recently, it really holds up. Family, animals, adventure, back country ingenuity. There’s a few of them. They’re all good.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Prime, The Mentalist is pretty good, except for after the Red John Saga.
I am extremely disappointed they took off Poirot several years ago, and just recently removed Doctor Who.
But they also still have Curb Your Enthusiasm.
I’m watching the new episode of Curb right now. Great show. This new season is great so far. I wish HBOgo had more content. I really liked Bill haders show with fonzie. Also liked watchmen.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Space movies: moon, cloverfield Paradox
Sci fi shows: stranger things, black mirror
Action movies: layer cake, Tau
Drama shows: ozark, the sinner, The stranger, Haunting of Hill House, Slasher, Locke and key(some parts are cheesy)
Comedy: the office

so many more, can’t think of them

Arod0416

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Good Girls on Netflix is pretty dang good. It’s about 3 women- one married with 4 kids, one married with 2 kids and a woman that is a single parent struggling. These 3 women’s are best friend and rob a grocery store to meet their ends. They realized they robbed a kingpin money. So, from there they had to do crazy things to pay him back and try not to get caught by the FBI. It is just an overall crazy show. I finished this show in a day and half with my wife. It has 2 seasons.
Also, on Hulu, prison break is a must!!! An intelligent brother purposely gets arrested to go to the jail his older brother is in to help him escape.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched them both. The one on Amy Winehouse stuck with me for a while. I really enjoyed that one.
I liked the one they did on Clive Davis. A little Whitney heavy but overall really good. And there is one i cant remember the name something Canyon about all the 60's music that came out from a little pocket of huge musicians in California.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m watching the new episode of Curb right now. Great show. This new season is great so far. I wish HBOgo had more content. I really liked Bill haders show with fonzie. Also liked watchmen.
I love Larry David......he’s hilarious.

i had no idea what The Watchmen was about going in but I actually liked it. I hear that It isn’t coming back which is a bummer with that ending.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't spoil it. I want to watch!
Also watch on Netflix The 24 hr War. Ferrari v Shelby documentary. really good stuff. Carolla even did a separate one all on Shelby himself.

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just discovered the show Dexter. It has 8 seasons!
I'm on the forth season. I hate to sit for hours, so I watch it while doing stretches or tank mainance.

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from "How the Universe Works" and stuff like that......I, also, like watching the "classic albums" series.
Where they interview the producer, take a few members of the band, and sit behind the mixer and tell stories about how the album was made.
Nirvana's Nevermind episode was cool.
There are some cool Bruce Springsteen docs on there as well as a killer bio pic on the Grateful Dead, if that's you thing.
Funny stuff. Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead) said reporters should know better than to accept drinks from -anyone- in the band. LOL

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prime: The Boys, The Expanse, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
Netflix: You, Locke & Key, Grace & Frankie, Unbelievable, Witcher, if you're not in the US all of Ghibli is supposedly available.... there's a lot of options on Netflix right now...
Disney +: Gargoyles

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since WWZ started in Korea, if you like zombie Flicks and either speak Korean or don't mind subtitles, I highly recommend: Train to Busan, Rampant, and the tv series, Kingdom (which seems really similar to Rampant). All are pretty violent and bloody so don't watch with the kids.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with these kinds of posts is that you really have to specify what kind of Genres you like and give some examples of series that you have really enjoyed. Without knowing that people are just throwing shows at you blindly. I have some ideas but would love to know what you like besides baking and cooking shows. Also any specific categories of documentaries? Historical, scientific, Wildlife etc.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back