Feather duster or something else?..

Mbrklynb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone identify this thing on my live rock?

ADF64A36-A7E6-437F-90BE-447230EACF39.jpeg

OP
OP
Mbrklynb

Mbrklynb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any info on them and how to get rid of them/the reason to? I could look it up but I’d much rather get your opinions honestly!

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the only one you see? Berghia Nudibranchs to remove, the real ones. Give the nudis away to someone who needs them after your aptasia is eradicated. These are considered an aggressive pest that will take over tanks, if not addressed.

Craigdoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its only one and you can remove the rock easily I would use either a soldering iron if you have one or heat a screwdriver up on a flame, remove the rock taking note of the exact place it is, remove screwdriver off the flame and jam it in its little green face, makes sure you get right in the hole its retreated into, I then heat my screwdriver up again and repeat once more, rinse off in old tank water and put back in your tank, it's always worked for me doing it that way.

If you can't remove the rock then you'll have to do some in tank treatment, on the UK forum we have something called death juice that one of our clever scientisty blokes came up with, I won't post the link though because a) I might not be allowed to link another forum and b) even though it's made from chemicals readily available it's dangerous nasty stuff and maybe it's against your laws

OP
OP
Mbrklynb

Mbrklynb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the worst thing that it does? Just overpopulate??

Also can anyone ID these worms and sponge like thing as well? lol

3DAF9001-9658-41D0-8426-F1137759CF79.jpeg

7E498788-463F-442B-BE2A-A1C1A36A9301.jpeg

Craigdoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It stings and annoys corals and can increase in numbers very quickly, your best trying to nip it in the bud now before you end up with more.

Worm thing is actually a mini brittle stars legs, good free clean up crew, you might see more of them appear, generally they move around after lights out.

The sponge is just a harmless sponge by the looks of it

Back