Feather duster? Or something more sinister?

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, had this weird growth out the the side of a mushroom frag after I epoxied it in place and wasn't sure what it was - had the same kind of colour as the mushroom so I left it alone - now it has a little head popping out to say hi that is light reactive!

Just wondering if anyone knows what it is?

Screenshot_20210730-090504_Gallery.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see the video on my phone but Looks like large vermetid type of snail. Most are smaller but there is the occasional large one. If the pic is of it out, that’s my best guess. I have one similar on an acan frag but it doesn’t bother any thing

OP
OP
P

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for looking!

Yeah it just retracts its head into the "shell" in the video when I shade the light a bit.
Good to know! Its kinda cool looking so I guess he can hang around until he gets on something else's nerves I suppose! ;)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people say to kill Vermetids. However I’ve found the larger ones to be of no issue. It’s the small ones everyone gets that always seem to get out of control

OP
OP
P

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people say to kill Vermetids. However I’ve found the larger ones to be of no issue. It’s the small ones everyone gets that always seem to get out of control
I can see a few small ones around that I'm meaning to kill soon! :( I'm Actually going to break this tank down this weekend and move these corals, Liverock and sand into a seperate corals only tank. I have to clean this one of its brookynella outbreak and transition to FOWLR for the DT. The 70 day fallow period is too long for my wife and the empty tank makes her sad so we're going to start over on the display lol.

So it will be a good opportunity to clean all this up!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back