Featured Threads Archive
All currently and previously featured threads.
I often see posts from younger reef-keepers here, identified with little clues like "I'll have to wait for my Mom to take me to the LFS" or similar.
I think that's great and it's made me curious what different age groups the community falls in. I myself just turned 50 and only just took up this hobby last year.
So what age group do you fall in?
Yesterday’s poll topic was water change frequency, found here. The majority of people responding indicated they do weekly water changes, followed closely by every other week/twice per month.
Let’s follow up with how much water you actually change, if you do in fact do water changes. Several people commented in the frequency thread but I thought it would be nice to see it in a poll. So let us know by responding to the poll above.
Water changes - a topic discussed in great detail throughout R2R. Should we do them and why? How often? How much at one time? The questions go on and on.
Well this thread/poll is meant to answer only one of those questions - How Often? I'm more curious as to the frequency of those that do utilize water changes as part of their husbandry. So cast you vote in the poll and tell how frequently you change water if in fact you do.
I had a chance to speak with Insurance Agent today regarding my aquarium and what homeowners insurance covers. The equipment is covered in case of a fire or theft. The equipment is not covered in case the tank breaks and damages the lights, skimmer, pumps, etc. The fish and corals are never covered.
Is there insurance out there that covers aquarium equipment, fish, or coral in case of a tank breaking?
I found yesterday's poll on the use of an auto-feeder interesting. Over 62% of responses indicated they do not use an auto-feeder. Not sure why, but I honestly thought more folks used them. So if you're manually feeding the fish, it might be interesting to see how often we are feeding our critters. Even if you do use an auto-feeder, let us know your feeding frequency.
I'm thinking of mounting some encrusting montis and maybe some shrooms on the center overflow of my RSR 250. Would love opinions on this, particularly if you think its a bad idea. Let me know if you have experiences with this.
Pics are always welcome!!
ACANLORD LIVE SALE RULES
· Live Sale Date - October 21st
· Time - 10AM Noon to 10PM (Central Time)
· We will post around 7 corals every 5 minutes and $10 or above throughout the sale. There will be a link under each picture which will then bring you to our website where you can complete your purchase.
Please Note: To keep things consistent and fair, you must purchase any coral $20 or above to purchase a coral $15 and below.
Please note: If this rule is not followed, we will have to issue a refund and repost the discounted corals.
· We will give you 1 free raffle ticket for each purchase as a thank you. (For example, if you buy 12 corals, you will earn 12 raffle tickets.)
· Post your “Check-ins” each hour for all 12 hours to qualify for 1 additional raffle ticket.
· We will post the raffle winners within the week following the live sale.
· There will be tons of giveaways which will include more than $1000 of free coral!
· All purchases must be made through the website and you must have an AcanLord account prior to purchasing. Guest checkout will be unavailable.
· In order to ship successfully, a shipping module must be purchased for $39.99. This applies to ALL orders, no matter the order total.
· In the rare event that you purchase a shipping module and don’t purchase a coral, we will happily issue a refund.
· Shipping modules will represent the date of shipping and not arrival date. (There are a limited number of ship outs on each day, so preorder to secure your ship date.) If a shipping module is not purchased, we won’t know what day to ship your order.
· We cannot be held responsible for shipping carrier delays which are out of our control. Therefore, we will not issue refunds due to these delays.
· All orders will be backed by our live arrival 10 day guarantee.
· All sales are final. No refunds.
· We will not combine orders for different people. Your payments should share the same email at checkout.
· Any orders placed after the sale can be combined with your live sale order. Please contact us ASAP so you don't miss your scheduled shipment.
· No additional discounts, coupons, or certificates apply.
· We ship only within continental US.
FREE LOCAL PICKUP! Please arrange a time with us to pickup your items so we can keep our orders organized.
· In order to make it a fair process, the first person to successfully complete their payment transaction will win the items in their cart. If your item is added to the cart, it is not secured until the payment is confirmed.
· Please do not pm us via R2R. They will not be replied to during the live sale. Please email us and we will respond to any concerns immediately.
· NOTE: Please remember to treat your fellow R2R family members respectfully, and be mindful of the many younger reefers viewing these threads. Vulgar language, slandering, and degrading behavior will not be tolerated.
· Most importantly, let’s remember why we got into this hobby and have a ton of fun, laughs, and collect some sweet new animals for our tanks!
Click HERE to purchase your shipping module!
Wondering how many actually target feed your corals? If so, do you have a regularly scheduled feeding or just do it randomly? Or maybe just your NPS corals if you have them? Or do you simply rely on your light source and let them "eat" from what's ever in the water column?
We are going all OUT for our LIVE SALE!
-Ecotech Radion XR-15 Pro with tank mount
-Reef Octopus Classic 150-int
-Building an Obsession personal transport system and camera tube
- (2) $100 gift card
- Jason Fox Homewrecker Frag
(Guidelines how to win are listing in the second post below)
-Create an account on our website *This is allow you to check out quicker.
-Please communicate with us through Private Messages and thread posts only. During the live sale we may not be able to respond immediately *Please make sure to include your full name when communicating.
-Our live sale will be from 12pm to 12am est.
- Will will be posting 500+ corals that are all "what you see is what you get" WYSIWYG
- All corals that are posted will have a link to purchase from our site. The price and name will also be posted above the coral
- The same coral can be in other customer's carts at the same time. The customer that checks out first will ultimately win the coral.
- All orders are final. No coupons or extra discounts will be applied to live sale corals.
- Freebies are a 1:1 ratio, you must purchase 1 *sale* item for every Freebie you win
- Make sure to create an account on our site before the live sale. This is save you time during your checkout process.
-Shipping will be a flat $34.99 during the live sale and $24.99 for FL residents.
-There is NO need to purchase shipping modules prior to our live sale.
-When you check out for your first order select "Live Sale Shipping" followed by the date you want to receive your corals. Any additional orders select "Combine with existing order"
-During checkout you will have the ability to select to receive the corals on the following days
-LOCAL PICKUP IS ONLY AVAILABLE DURING WEEKDAYS
10/17, 10/18, 10/19 or 10/20
- Click here to read our guarantee policy
Great conversation taking place over the last several days (found here) regarding the involvement of your spouse or significant other. One of the things that came up is the sex of the main tank keeper in the house. I know this has been discussed before, and since it's difficult to tell by a screen name, let's do an updated poll of the membership.
How involved is your spouse/significant other with your hobby? Vote in the poll above.
All leftover corals will be an additional 25% off live sale prices until Tuesday at 10am est. All other frags on the website will be discounted 25% as well.
Fragtoberfest Live Sale Festival! Join us for some uber koralles and uber diskonts! Sale starts Saturday, October 7th at 9 A.M. est and goes on for 16 hours straight until 1 A.M. est, then resumes again at 9 A.M. on the 8th for 16 more hours until 1 A.M. est! We will post "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) corals in this thread with a title, picture, the sale price and a link to purchase it from our site. You can only go through the link posted here to buy the coral. You must complete checkout first to win the coral. The same item can be in multiple carts simultaneously, first one to finish checkout wins it and takes it out of stock.
Communication will be through thread posts and Private Messages only. Over 1600+ corals total will be posted at random times throughout the whole 32 hours. Expect a batch of 4 - 10 new corals posted every few minutes. You snooze, you lose! It can sometimes be difficult to win items at peak times. Just have patience it is a long sale and items are easier to win as time goes on, please stay positive.
All orders are final, no refunds on livestock. No exchanges, credits, promotional gift cards, coupons, or extra discounts can be used towards any items in the sale. Our 10-Day Guarantee applies to all corals we ship.
NO FREE shipping unless combined with a non Live Sale/Aftersale and/or eBay order that already has shipping paid for. You must purchase a shipping unit for your Live Sale / After Sale purchases.
*Please include your full name from your order in any PM or post communications regarding orders. We cannot identify you from your R2R screen name.
1) EcoTech Vectra S1
2) PolypLab Product Package (1 x carbon 500ml, 1 x polypbooster 100ml, 1 x reefroids nano 30g, 1 x reef primer 45g, 1 x medic 33g)
3) WWC Superstar Zoanthid frag shipped
4) WWC Brain Freeze Acropora frag shipped
There are 2 ways to enter the drawings. Make a purchase during the sale, or make one post in this thread every hour during the sale hours (9am-1am both days). If you do both you get 2 entries. You can only win one prize. Drawing results will be posted within 1 week of sale. Those who make a post every hour do not have to say "check in", just make at least one post every hour during sale hours. You must PM us after the sale if you believe you qualified so we can verify your posts and include you in the giveaway.
We will post corals priced at $5 each throughout the sale! You can buy a maximum of 2, and you must buy at least 1 non-$5 coral for each $5 coral you purchase.
Pre-Sale shipping will be discounted to $24.99 ($14.99 FL)! Shipping during the sale and after will be $29.99 ($19.99 for FL residents).
Purchase your shipping unit as soon as possible to secure your delivery date as shipment numbers are limited by day.
You only need to pay for one shipping unit. Just choose "Live Sale Shipping/Local Pickup" at checkout so you are not charged for again for shipping.
No piggy back shipping with other people. We will not hold any orders except for weather/FedEx related issues.
In-store pickups will be allowed by appointment only (call or email) before 10/13, on or after Friday you may come in without appointment. Just choose "Live Sale Shipping/Local Pickup" at checkout.
Out of state shipments will be delivered Wednesday, 10/11 - Thursday, 10/12 - and Friday, 10/13. (Florida shipments will be delivered on Thursday, 10/12 - Friday, 10/13). Click below to purchase priority overnight shipping. Choose which day you would like to receive your order. We will refund your shipping unit if you do not purchase anything during the sale.
CLICK HERECLICK HERECLICK HERE
CLICK HERECLICK HERE
Do you guys / gals leave the inner part of your magnetic glass cleaners in the tank? I have always left mine in, but I pulled it out the other day and it stunk really bad like rotten eggs. It's probably been close to a year since I've pulled it out lol. I'm thinking I need to be cleaning it a little more often
Join us on Reef2Reef Saturday September 30th from 1pm-6pm (pacific time) for our YR Fall Live Sale. Over 700+ WYSIWYG frags including $1-$10 frag specials, a free frag for everyone that orders & prizes/giveaways!
Page 1 of 4