Featured Threads Archive
All currently and previously featured threads.
I was using clothe socks, but I was thinking of giving the mesh a try. What do you all think?
So do you prefer a sandy bottom to your tank, or do you prefer the clean look of going bare bottom? What's your preference?
I realize the topic of QT is often discussed and quite frankly debated. I'm curious though to how many people actually do use some type of QT method. Feel free to discuss your methods but the poll simply asks whether you use a QT or not, and if so, what "items" are QT'd prior to going in your display.
I often see posts from younger reef-keepers here, identified with little clues like "I'll have to wait for my Mom to take me to the LFS" or similar.
I think that's great and it's made me curious what different age groups the community falls in. I myself just turned 50 and only just took up this hobby last year.
So what age group do you fall in?
Yesterday’s poll topic was water change frequency, found here. The majority of people responding indicated they do weekly water changes, followed closely by every other week/twice per month.
Let’s follow up with how much water you actually change, if you do in fact do water changes. Several people commented in the frequency thread but I thought it would be nice to see it in a poll. So let us know by responding to the poll above.
Water changes - a topic discussed in great detail throughout R2R. Should we do them and why? How often? How much at one time? The questions go on and on.
Well this thread/poll is meant to answer only one of those questions - How Often? I'm more curious as to the frequency of those that do utilize water changes as part of their husbandry. So cast you vote in the poll and tell how frequently you change water if in fact you do.
I had a chance to speak with Insurance Agent today regarding my aquarium and what homeowners insurance covers. The equipment is covered in case of a fire or theft. The equipment is not covered in case the tank breaks and damages the lights, skimmer, pumps, etc. The fish and corals are never covered.
Is there insurance out there that covers aquarium equipment, fish, or coral in case of a tank breaking?
I found yesterday's poll on the use of an auto-feeder interesting. Over 62% of responses indicated they do not use an auto-feeder. Not sure why, but I honestly thought more folks used them. So if you're manually feeding the fish, it might be interesting to see how often we are feeding our critters. Even if you do use an auto-feeder, let us know your feeding frequency.
I'm thinking of mounting some encrusting montis and maybe some shrooms on the center overflow of my RSR 250. Would love opinions on this, particularly if you think its a bad idea. Let me know if you have experiences with this.
Pics are always welcome!!
ACANLORD LIVE SALE RULES
· Live Sale Date - October 21st
· Time - 10AM Noon to 10PM (Central Time)
· We will post around 7 corals every 5 minutes and $10 or above throughout the sale. There will be a link under each picture which will then bring you to our website where you can complete your purchase.
Please Note: To keep things consistent and fair, you must purchase any coral $20 or above to purchase a coral $15 and below.
Please note: If this rule is not followed, we will have to issue a refund and repost the discounted corals.
· We will give you 1 free raffle ticket for each purchase as a thank you. (For example, if you buy 12 corals, you will earn 12 raffle tickets.)
· Post your “Check-ins” each hour for all 12 hours to qualify for 1 additional raffle ticket.
· We will post the raffle winners within the week following the live sale.
· There will be tons of giveaways which will include more than $1000 of free coral!
· All purchases must be made through the website and you must have an AcanLord account prior to purchasing. Guest checkout will be unavailable.
· In order to ship successfully, a shipping module must be purchased for $39.99. This applies to ALL orders, no matter the order total.
· In the rare event that you purchase a shipping module and don’t purchase a coral, we will happily issue a refund.
· Shipping modules will represent the date of shipping and not arrival date. (There are a limited number of ship outs on each day, so preorder to secure your ship date.) If a shipping module is not purchased, we won’t know what day to ship your order.
· We cannot be held responsible for shipping carrier delays which are out of our control. Therefore, we will not issue refunds due to these delays.
· All orders will be backed by our live arrival 10 day guarantee.
· All sales are final. No refunds.
· We will not combine orders for different people. Your payments should share the same email at checkout.
· Any orders placed after the sale can be combined with your live sale order. Please contact us ASAP so you don't miss your scheduled shipment.
· No additional discounts, coupons, or certificates apply.
· We ship only within continental US.
FREE LOCAL PICKUP! Please arrange a time with us to pickup your items so we can keep our orders organized.
· In order to make it a fair process, the first person to successfully complete their payment transaction will win the items in their cart. If your item is added to the cart, it is not secured until the payment is confirmed.
· Please do not pm us via R2R. They will not be replied to during the live sale. Please email us and we will respond to any concerns immediately.
· NOTE: Please remember to treat your fellow R2R family members respectfully, and be mindful of the many younger reefers viewing these threads. Vulgar language, slandering, and degrading behavior will not be tolerated.
· Most importantly, let’s remember why we got into this hobby and have a ton of fun, laughs, and collect some sweet new animals for our tanks!
Click HERE to purchase your shipping module!
Wondering how many actually target feed your corals? If so, do you have a regularly scheduled feeding or just do it randomly? Or maybe just your NPS corals if you have them? Or do you simply rely on your light source and let them "eat" from what's ever in the water column?
We are going all OUT for our LIVE SALE!
-Ecotech Radion XR-15 Pro with tank mount
-Reef Octopus Classic 150-int
-Building an Obsession personal transport system and camera tube
- (2) $100 gift card
- Jason Fox Homewrecker Frag
(Guidelines how to win are listing in the second post below)
-Create an account on our website *This is allow you to check out quicker.
-Please communicate with us through Private Messages and thread posts only. During the live sale we may not be able to respond immediately *Please make sure to include your full name when communicating.
-Our live sale will be from 12pm to 12am est.
- Will will be posting 500+ corals that are all "what you see is what you get" WYSIWYG
- All corals that are posted will have a link to purchase from our site. The price and name will also be posted above the coral
- The same coral can be in other customer's carts at the same time. The customer that checks out first will ultimately win the coral.
- All orders are final. No coupons or extra discounts will be applied to live sale corals.
- Freebies are a 1:1 ratio, you must purchase 1 *sale* item for every Freebie you win
- Make sure to create an account on our site before the live sale. This is save you time during your checkout process.
-Shipping will be a flat $34.99 during the live sale and $24.99 for FL residents.
-There is NO need to purchase shipping modules prior to our live sale.
-When you check out for your first order select "Live Sale Shipping" followed by the date you want to receive your corals. Any additional orders select "Combine with existing order"
-During checkout you will have the ability to select to receive the corals on the following days
-LOCAL PICKUP IS ONLY AVAILABLE DURING WEEKDAYS
10/17, 10/18, 10/19 or 10/20
- Click here to read our guarantee policy
Great conversation taking place over the last several days (found here) regarding the involvement of your spouse or significant other. One of the things that came up is the sex of the main tank keeper in the house. I know this has been discussed before, and since it's difficult to tell by a screen name, let's do an updated poll of the membership.
How involved is your spouse/significant other with your hobby? Vote in the poll above.
Page 4 of 7