Featured Threads Archive
All currently and previously featured threads.
2 Days of Live Sale Celebration! Join us in celebrating our stores 10 year anniversary! Sale starts Saturday, July 29th at 10 A.M. est and goes on for 14 hours straight until MIDNIGHT est, then resumes again at 10 A.M. on the 30th for 14 more hours until MIDNIGHT est! We will post "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) corals in this thread with a title, picture, the sale price and a link to purchase it from our site. You can only go through the link posted here to buy the coral. You must complete checkout first to win the coral. The same item can be in multiple carts simultaneously, first one to finish checkout wins it and takes it out of stock.
Communication will be through thread posts and Private Messages only. Over 1600+ corals total will be posted at random times throughout the whole 28 hours. Expect a batch of 3 - 10 new corals posted every few minutes. You snooze, you lose! It can be sometimes difficult to win items at peak times, just have patience it is a long sale and please stay positive.
All orders are final no refunds on livestock. No exchanges, credits, promotional gift cards, coupons, or extra discounts can be used towards any items in the sale. Our 10-Day Guarantee applies to all corals we ship.
NO FREE shipping unless combined with a website/ebay order that already has shipping paid for.
*Please include your full name from your order in any PM or post communications regarding orders. We cannot identify you from your R2R screen name.
1) EcoTech VorTech MP60 QD
2) EcoTech VorTech MP40 QD
3) Two Little Fishies Reactor and 454g of Media
4) Brightwell Supplement Package
5) WWC Signature Chalices Pack
There are 2 ways to enter the drawings. Make a purchase during the sale, or make one post in this thread every hour during the sale hours (10am-Midnight both days). If you do both you get 2 entries. You can only win one prize. Drawing results will be posted within 1 week of sale. Those who make a post every hour do not have to say "check in", just make at least one post every hour during sale hours. You must PM us after the sale if you believe you qualified so we can verify your posts and include you in the giveaway.
We will post corals priced at $5 each throughout the sale! You can buy a maximum of 2, and you must buy at least 1 non-$5 coral for each $5 coral you purchase.
Pre-Sale shipping will be discounted to $24.99 ($14.99 FL)! Shipping during the sale and after will be $29.99 ($19.99 for FL residents).
Purchase your shipping unit as soon as possible to secure your delivery date as shipment numbers are limited by day.
You only need to pay for one shipping unit. Just choose "Live Sale Shipping/Local Pickup" at checkout so you are not charged for again for shipping.
No piggy back shipping with other people. We will not hold any orders except for weather/FedEx related issues.
In-store pickups will be allowed by appointment only (call or email) before 8/2, on or after Friday you may come in without appointment. Just choose "Live Sale Shipping/Local Pickup" at checkout.
DISCOUNTED SHIPPING PLUS FREE T-SHIRT IF YOU PURCHASE SHIPPING BEFORE MIDNIGHT 7/28! Just put the size and color you would like in your checkout notes for your s and we will do our best depending on quantities.
Out of state shipments will be delivered Wednesday, 8/2 - Thursday, 8/3 - and Friday, 8/4. (Florida shipments will be delivered on Thursday, 8/3 - Friday, 8/4). Click below to purchase priority overnight shipping. Choose which day you would like to receive your order. We will refund your shipping unit if you do not purchase anything during the sale.
CLICK HERECLICK HERECLICK HERE
CLICK HERECLICK HERE
I am always interested to see what and how much food people are feeding their tanks! But in order to get a real understanding of this we need to know some details about your system and inhabitants.
So please help us put the puzzle together and answer all of the questions.
1. How much food are you feeding daily? (one cube, a pinch, etc.)
2. How are you feeding? (Broadcast, Food Clip, Target, etc.)
3. Do you thaw your food, rinse your food, etc?
4. What type(s) of food are you feeding? (list all)
5. Size of your tank in gallons? (total water volume of water including sump, etc.)
6. How many fish do you feed?
7. How many BIG fish are included in your fish number?
8. Anything special about how you feed? (turn off pumps, say a blessing, etc.)
9. How many times a day do you feed?
If I have missed something that I should add please let me know!
image via @jsker
It's been a long 10 years since we opened our doors as A Reef Creation but the journey has been incredible! And now it's time for us to give back to people that made the journey so enjoyable. We will be giving away lots of frags throughout the duration of the sale. We will be offering huge discounts on everything!
ARC 10 Year Anniversary Live Sale
Saturday July 15th 2017
We will post up 5 photos at a time. Each photo will have a name, be numbered and priced. First person to post the Item number on the thread gets the coral. Please only post one Item number per post.
We will be posting lots of FREE frags throughout the sale. You must buy at least 1 priced coral for each free coral you purchase.
Every shipped box will also have a gift freebie frag on top of all purchases.
At the end of the sale, we will message each customer a total with payment options. Preferred payment method is PayPal and Square.
Shipping is a flat rate of $40 Fedex Priority Overnight. No combined shipping with orders outside of this sale. No piggy back shipping. We only ship to the continental US. Local pickup starting Sunday 7/16.
UPDATE 9-11-17: This is gaining a lot of steam and it's gonna cost a ton of money. We want to create it if you will use it! PLEASE VOTE and please continue to add your ideas and input! If you click MAYBE please comment with what you would want to see in order to use the marketplace.
Hello R2R Members!
We have been mulling the idea of a comprehensive classified system that I hope would really change the face of how people buy and sell saltwater aquarium items on R2R and even on the internet. Many have tried to create an ebay style system for just this thing but they fail because they don't have the community of users like we have. Whatever it is we will have to pay to have it developed and it would be a pretty big undertaking.
We are looking to create an Amazon(ish) style market for all things saltwater aquariums.
With that being said I want you to pretend that there is no limits on what we can do and I would love to hear your ideas for a Reef Classified System that would be the all in one place to shop for aquarium related items.
What would you like to be able to do?
What would you like to see?
How would you like to buy, sell and trade?
Integrated Robust Feedback System for keeping people accountable?
How would you like it to look within the forum?
Seller levels from hobbyists to commercial?
Trading? What could set that apart?
Let the ideas fly! Nothing is too little or too big!
Shipping Modules Now Available here:
Get a free Cherry Corals T-shirt or a Free Frag if you order a shipping module before the live sale starts!
Join us this Saturday June 3rd from 1-7pm (pacific time) for our Summer Fun Live Sale. Over 500 WYSIWYG frags including $1-$10 Frag Specials & awesome giveaways!
Teaser photos & more info to follow.
Want a fun way to kick off your summer with a few HOT corals?
We are putting on a killer sale right here in this thread on Saturday!
I will update this thread with more information and rules etc as time goes on.
Want to win a $200 gift card for use DURING the sale? Read below for more info!
Want to win a $200 gift card for use DURING the sale? It's pretty easy. Follow the steps below and you will be automatically entered into a drawing for a $200 gift card that can be used DURING (or after) the sale.
1 - "LIKE" our Facebook page:
2 - "SHARE" our Facebook post about the sale:
3 - Sign-Up for our newsletter and CONFIRM your subscription in the follow-up email that you receive (you must confirm your subscription to be entered)
4 - Make a post in THIS thread
5 - When completed with the steps above, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name so that we can verify your entry and send a confirmation reply.
The winner will be drawn and listed in this thread on Friday June 9th at 9pm EST
With great satisfaction we are happy to announce that @AquariumSpecialty has graciously donated a couple of items to our giveaway pool. Scott and the team have donated a Biotek Marine Refractometer and a bag of Biotek Marine Ceramic Frag Mounts. If you're in need of drygoods, please pay them a visit at aquariumspecialty.com
I am happy to announce Mark from ME Coral has donated a ton of product for various giveaways. A "one-shot" of ME Coral dip will be in EVERY ORDER. A perfect amount for one dipping session of your new corals. We also have several other products such as amino acids, coral food, KH and CA additives and more. Be sure to check them out at www.mecoral.com
I am also happy to announce that Ken Easter of Coral Frenzy has graciously donated several samples of Coral Frenzy. There will be a sample pouch in EVERY ORDER!!! A big thank you to Ken. Be sure to check them out at www.coralfrenzy.com
Todd from Todd's PODS has graciously donated 3 sets of tisbe sp. copepods (2 bottles in each set) to our live sale customers. These will be given out randomly throughout the sale. If you are ever in need of pods for a fuge, restocking or new tank, Todd is the guy. Checkout their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Todds-Pods-246647835705931/?fref=ts
Joe Knows Reefs Live Sale Rules:
- WYSIWYG corals will be posted in this thread beginning at 12pm (EST) on Saturday June 10th.
- Each post will...
I have a Red Sea Reefer 170 and like most people I've become tired of cleaning filter socks. As a result, I spent some time searching then internet for inspiration and came up with an alternative that works pretty well using a filter pad. So, here is what I came up with and the steps I used to make it:
1. I cut the sock portion off a filter sock so I ended up with the plastic ring.
2. I searched the Dollar Tree store, Walmart, and any other store I could think of that might have a plastic container to fit the plastic ring. I finally found a liter bottle at a store call Tap Plastic.
3. I cut the top portion of the bottle off and placed the ring around the top of the bottle. I used silicone to glue the two pieces of plastic together (inside top and outside).
4. I then marked a series of holes approx. 1/2" up from the bottom of the bottle, all around the bottle. I used a 1/4" drill bit and drilled the holes in approx. 1" segments around the circumference. You may need more or less holes, or bigger, depending on your flow. I got lucky and my initial pattern worked great without raising or lowering my sump water height.
5. Once the silicone is dry and the holes are drilled, then I cut a piece of filter pad to fit inside the bottle. You can fill it as full as you'd like. I chose to use a single layer on the outside edge so the water can flow down into the bottle, then though the floss and out the holes.
6. You could make two and simple pull one out and insert another with a clean filter pad or just pull the dirty pad out and replace with clean pad. Easy Peezy, Lemon Squezzy, no filter sock to clean. So far its been three days and everything it working great. I figure if I can get a week out of a filter pad it will be worth it.
Make sure you go to the newest and latest page to stay up to date!
WWC TIMESPLITTER 2 DAY LIVE SALE RULES
- 2 Days of Live Sale Madness! Sale starts Saturday, May 20th at NOON est and goes on for 12 hours straight until MIDNIGHT est, then resumes again at NOON on the 21st for 12 more hours until MIDNIGHT est! We will post "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) corals in this thread with a title, picture, the sale price and a link to purchase it from our site. You can only go through the link posted here to buy the coral. You must complete checkout first to win the coral. The same item can be in multiple carts simultaneously, first one to finish checkout wins it and takes it out of stock.
- Communication will be through thread posts and Private Messages only. Over 1200+ corals total will be posted at random times throughout the whole 24 hours. Expect a batch of 3 - 10 new corals posted every few minutes. You snooze, you lose! It can be sometimes difficult to win items at peak times, just have patience it is a long sale and please stay positive.
- All orders are final no refunds on livestock. No exchanges, credits, promotional gift cards, coupons, or extra discounts can be used towards any items in the sale. Our 10-Day Guarantee applies to all corals we ship.
- NO FREE shipping unless combined with a website/ebay order that already has shipping paid for.
RAFFLE & PRIZES
- 1x Ecotech Marine XR30W Pro Gen 4, 1x RMS 30 Tank Mount, 1x Power Supply Bracket
- WWC Suicide Squad Acropora frag
- Polyp Lab Product Package (PolypBooster 100ml, ReefRoids 60g, Colors 200% 50ml)
- There are 2 ways to enter the raffle drawings. Make a purchase during the sale. Or make one post every hour during the sale hours (noon-midnight both days). If you do both you get 2 entries. You can only win one raffle prize. Raffle drawing results will be posted within 1 week of sale. Those who make a post every hour do not have to say "check in" just make at least one post every hour. You must PM us after the sale if you make a post every hour so we can verify and include you in the raffle.
- We will post corals priced at $5 each throughout the sale! You can buy a maximum of 2, and you must buy at least 1 non-$5 coral for each $5 coral you purchase.
- Pre-Sale shipping will be discounted to $24.99 ($14.99 FL)! Shipping during the sale and after will be $29.99 ($19.99 for FL residents). Purchase your shipping unit as soon as possible to secure your delivery date as shipment numbers are limited by day.
- Purchase a shipping module below, click on the day you would like your order delivered.
- Out of state shipments will be delivered Wednesday, 5/24 - Thursday, 5/25 - and Friday, 5/26. (Florida shipments will be delivered on Thursday, 5/25 - Friday, 5/26). In-store pickups will be allowed on or after Friday, 5/26. Just choose "Live Sale Shipping/Local Pickup" at checkout.
- You only need to pay for one shipping unit. Just choose "Live Sale Shipping/Local Pickup" at checkout so you are not charged for again for shipping.
- No piggy back shipping with other people. We will not hold any orders except for weather/FedEx related issues.
I was wondering when do you say a reef tank has matured? After how many years (or months) would you say it is stable? Inevitably will always have smaller swings (user error or just by if something dies in the tank), but as time goes by, these fluctuations will be smaller and the overall system stability more and more robust. Looking for your feedbacks and opinions. Cheers.
Share Your Reef $100 Cash Giveaway! (NOT A PHOTO CONTEST)
Start a tank thread and tell us about your aquarium in the members aquarium forum and you will be entered to win $100 in cash!
How To Enter:
1. Start a Tank Thread Here in one of the members tank forums. If you already have a tank thread then you must update it to enter.
2. Create a post in this thread with the link to your new or updated reef tank thread.
Remember you must be logged in to start a new thread. If you don't have a free account on Reef2Reef then you can create one here. Create a FREE account quick and easy HERE
$100 Cash sent to you via Paypal
This is not a photo contest. Everyone has an equal opportunity to win. If you already have a tank thread on R2R then you just need to update your aquarium thread and you're entered to win as well! We will announce a winner on 05/25/17.
ARC Spring Live Sale
Saturday April 29th 2017
We will post up 3-5 photos at a time. Each photo will have a name, be numbered and priced. First person to post the number on the thread gets the coral.
We will be posting frags priced at $1 each during the sale. You must buy at least 1 non-$1 coral for each $1 coral you purchase.
At the end of the sale, we will message each customer a total with payment options. Preferred payment method is PayPal and Square.
Shipping is a flat rate of $40 Fedex Priority Overnight. No combined shipping with orders outside of this sale. No piggy back shipping. We only ship to the continental US.
We will be raffling a fire Polyp Pack and a hot SPS Pack shortly after the sale concludes. Each customer that makes a purchase will automatically be entered into the raffle.
We also will raffle off two free shipping vouchers.
No PM's or emails will be answered until after the live sale is over.
How long do you run your lights (full intensity) each day?
I turn my full spectrum on my tank before I got to work, and they stay on for about 8-9 hours, then when I get home I switch them to blue lights for about another 1-2 hours before it's lights out... Is this to long?
Sponsored by Reef-A-Palooza Orlando & Reef2Reef!
We're super excited to announce that Reef-A-Palooza and Reef2Reef are sponsoring a fun contest where we're going to send one LUCKY winner to the RAP Orlando Show in May! The trip will include Airfare for two, 2 Nights at the Caribe Royale Resort and Tickets to the Greatest Reef Show On Earth, ReefAPalooza!
The ReefAPalooza Orlando Getaway Rules for Entry:
1. SHARE the following Reef-A-Palooza Flyer on your Facebook Page. You must use hashtags #reefapaloozaorlando and #reef2reef when you share.
2. SHARE the following Reef-A-Palooza Flyer on your Instagram Account. You must use hashtags #reefapaloozaorlando and #reef2reef when you share.
3. Make a post in this thread once you completed the Facebook or Instagram requirement. If you completed both then you will have 2 posts in this thread which will result in 2 entries.
(To enter you must complete at least #1 or #2 and then #3 for your official entry. You must be at least 18yrs old to enter. Airfare available from anywhere in the continental USA only. If you are the winner and you are within 3 hrs of the show then RAP will work with you to provide money for a rental car and gas to the show instead of a plane ticket if you choose to drive)
To save this flyer right click and save as. On mobile touch this image and save.
The winner will be drawn via random number generator from this thread on April 5th 2017. Winner will be subject to verify that the requirements for entry were met in a timely manner.
Check out the details for the RAP Orlando Show Here.
Huge thanks to Reef-A-Palooza Orlando for providing this awesome prize!
Hello! Everyone! This is my first reeftank,it`s a sps tank. The tank specs, equipment, and livestock are as follows:
Aquarium and Stand
Tank size: Marineland corner flow 40*40*40cm
Sump & Skimmer
Return pump:AT104 (2000L/h)
Water Circulation:MP10*1 WP10*2
Heating: 200W heater
Lighting: DIY LED 75W, DIY 24w blue LED
Kamoer Doser for Two little fishies C-Balance
Current params (Salifert kits), stable for over a month now:
Phosphate 0.03 (by hanna)
I feed fish everyday that use HIKARI SEAWEED EXTREME and Firstbite Marine Pellets.
I do a 10% water change once a week. At this time I also vacuum part of the Standard that I can reach.
I clean the skimmer cup once a week.
I clean the skimmer once in 6 months and clean the Water Circulation once in 1 month.
Established May 2015
It is official Reef-A-Palooza New York is excited to announce that we will be back at the Meadowlands Exposition Center for another spectacular show for 2017!
Hello everyone, my name is Juan, this is actually my first post in R2R; I was full in the hobby in past years, but life took a turn on me and sadly I had to close down my system. Happily, I'm stepping in again and hopefully this time for the long run. This new system is quite different from my past ones, is not so big as the monster tank I had (1000 Gallon DT), main reason is that I moved into an apartment building on the 15th floor, main subject here is weight restriction, I had to oversee this point over and over and at a moment I was hesitant to move forward or not.
But after much planning and designing, I finally decided to go for it. The last months have been a real challenge to design this new system; many things can go wrong, too much weight, tank braking and having lots of salt water running all down the building, etc.
For this chronicle I will go through each of the stages so I can explain myself better on the overall system.
Tank specifications and list of equipment:
- DT: 260 Gallon DT, of 92.5" x 27.6" x 23.6" (235 x 70 x 60 cms)
- Sump: 67" x 23" x 19.9", water line up to 9", rest for emergency puporses.
- Stand: All metal stand with 2" x 2" metal beams
- Pipes: 1.5", All Red SCH 80 Red PVC pipes bought from BRS
- Piping connectors and Gate valves, SCH 80 and all bought from BRS
Main computer is a Profilux EX 3
Probes: PH, Conductivity, Redox and Temperature
Dosing: Profilux Doser with 3 pumps
PAB: 2, 6 outlet PAB's
Additional modules: Vortech Pump module and Profilux Touch
Level sensor for ATO, managed by Profilux.
In Tank flow: 2 Ecotech MP60wES
Return pump: Ecotech Vectra L1 (Quite impressed with this pump, really quiet and efficient)
4 Aquaillumination BlueSol connected to main computer for scheduled light program.
Also, used an AI 72" Rack for light placement.
Skimmer: Reef Octopus 300SSS Regal with DC Pump
Reactor: Vertex Reactor for running Carbon
Rock and Sand:
All Rock from Marco Rocks, dry rock (Though was used in my last system so maybe it's not completely dry)
1" Sand Bed, also used in my last system but filtered to remove small rocks and detritus using a Sift Screen.
Page 8 of 9