February, 2020 POTM Contest - Tank Room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine tank in my living room/kitchen/dinning room
8B442BC7-430A-4603-9FEE-3E567B0197F8.jpeg

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all who have subscribed. Please not that the subject is tank.room.not full tank shot. Please repost another picture showing the tank room as per explanation in 1st post. PM me in case you need me to delete initial submission as FTS without room wont qualify for the vote.
As said topic is tank room and we want to see how tanks blend with room decor, how they are positioned and how they are viewed.
Also do post some info on how u took the shot and any post processing done and why you chose tank position that you did.
Thanks and let's see more pictures.

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PANO_20200223_175838.jpg

Tank room all built around tank with lighting aligned with the tank. Seats were designed to have the maximum visibility on the tank and scape was planed for a 3 D view and good visibility across the tank especially from seating area at the side. It's the main sight when you walk into the room as well which adds to the visual impact and sits above a basement so.was easy to drill the floor and attach to basement filtration and frag tanks.
Picture is a 9 shot pano taken with Samsung S10 on a DJI osmo. No post processing except a minimal crop and exposure adjustment.

legendhua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef tank is located in the center of the public space, entrance, living room and dining room.
The location of the tank allows me to see it almost all the time except during bedtime.

I took the picture with Olympus EM1 MarkII with ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO Len.
I want to accommodate these three spaces at the same time, using wide-angle focus to achieve is necessary.
Other than that, due to the difference between the color temperature of the reef tank and the ambient is big,
try to avoid all blue lights inside the tank and all yellow lights outside the tank when taking pictures.
This comparison can take into account both the internal and external color performance.

49581647461_3ece0102a3_o.jpg

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PANO_20200223_175838.jpg

Tank room all built around tank with lighting aligned with the tank. Seats were designed to have the maximum visibility on the tank and scape was planed for a 3 D view and good visibility across the tank especially from seating area at the side. It's the main sight when you walk into the room as well which adds to the visual impact and sits above a basement so.was easy to drill the floor and attach to basement filtration and frag tanks.
Picture is a 9 shot pano taken with Samsung S10 on a DJI osmo. No post processing except a minimal crop and exposure adjustment.

Now your just showing off....... :) looks awesome!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peninsula used as a room divider. Standing in kitchen, dining area to the left and family room to the right. Forgot to turn TV off for picture so state your answer in the form of a question.

20200225_194534~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back