February, 2020 POTM Contest - Tank Room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
potm-thread-graphic-new-jpg.939632

Welcome to the Reef2Reef POTM Contest - Photo of the Month

Sponsored by Avast Marine!

This month's subject - Tank Room

Deadline to Enter: Feb 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm (EST)

This month, let's focus on what I think is a key aspect of having a tank, where the location of the tank, how it blends with room decoration and how it presents a nice viewing angle or experience is a key aspect in having a slice of the ocean at home. please remember that the photo has to have been taken by you, and has to be of your tank.

This is a photo contest after all and we're looking for the best photograph. Yes, you can use a post-editing product to better your pictures. In fact, we encourage it. A little tip for this different type of pictures, don't be afraid of exploring the Pano option in most mobile phone camera, or post processing software. A wide angle view of the room not only shows how nice your tank sits in the room but also gives a nice idea about angles from which you enjoy looking at your tank and can help others plan tank location.

Prize: POTM Winner Banner, one year free Premium Membership and an Avast Marine Porthole courtesy of Avast Marine. Details below. (Note: Winners located outside the United States will be responsible for applicable shipping costs)

How To Enter:
Entering is easy, just a few simple guidelines to follow:
  • Enter ONE photo, taken by you of the subject for the month before the deadline
  • If you enter a second photo, it will be deleted so choose wisely before posting your entry
  • Multiple entries, off subject photos, or broken image links will be disqualified
  • Entries must be submitted before the deadline
  • Photo must be taken by you and in your tank or in the ocean
  • You must have an avatar uploaded when you enter
  • Prior winner (within the last 6 months) are welcome to enter, but not eligible for the prizes
  • In order to qualify to win the Avast Marine Porthole you must also like the Avast Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/avast.marine/
Winner Selection:
The mod team will select up to 15 finalists and a poll will be created and posted in the Reef Discussion Forum. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by Reef2Reef member voting. To be eligible to vote, you must have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts. Votes by members not meeting this criteria will be disregarded in the final count. In the case of a tie, the mod team will assist in choosing the winner. Rules, deadlines and terms are subject to change, without notice, at any time. The winner will be posted and tagged in the voting poll and will have 48 hours to claim the prize.

As this is a photography competition, and the goal is to recognize the highest quality picture. So take your time, do your post shot editing, and submit your best image.

The Prize:

http://www.avastmarine.com/collections/avast-built/products/top-down-porthole-smartphone-edition

Thanks to Avast Marine for sponsoring the R2R Photo of the month contest

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its basically the room where ur tank sits. Would be great if picture can show how the tank positioning makes for easy and convenient viewing, how stand /canopy design makes it fit with room furniture or design, how and where tank is seen from ....
As discussed in another thread a little info on how the image was technically taken (camera, lense and parameters, phone and if on auto or
Pro mode and what parameters were chosen, as well as what post processing was done... and what u like about your picture from a technique or photographic side (maybe a bit difficult in this month topic...) all above info would help others and also help showcase what you like in your submitted pictures.

Last edited:

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its basically the room where ur tank sits. Would be great if picture can show how the tank positioning makes for easy and convenient viewing, how stand /canopy design makes it fit with room furniture or design, how and where tank is seen from ....
As discussed in another thread a little info on how the image was technically taken (camera, lense and parameters, phone and if on auto or
Pro mode and what parameters were chosen, as well as what post processing was done... and what u like about your picture from a technique or photographic side (maybe a bit difficult in this month topic...) all above info would help others and also help showcase what you like in your submitted pictures.
Hey @maroun.c ,

Thanks for the clarification that some detail around the Photo Submission is appropriate..
The details apply more so for Coral, FIsh, closeup photo's.......Good to know for next Contest.

Last edited:

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E8EB061C-B112-4AB5-855E-DB36C6C37576.jpeg

Photo was taken using a iPhone 8 in normal camera mode but with the grid
079C61CD-C3C5-4317-B665-E6A60D50602E.png

40DCA013-8C2D-4E83-975D-45675763DD2F.jpeg

Edited using Snapseed To get the final product,
E8EB061C-B112-4AB5-855E-DB36C6C37576.jpeg

Reasons why I like the placement, my tank is the first and last thing I see each day, when I'm doing homework or study I can look over if I'm having a mindblank and I spend most of my free time in my room ether working on the tank, playing a game with friends or Netflix all of which I just have to turn 90 degrees to see the tank B056111C-5E8F-4A24-B493-2EC8937CFFBA.jpeg

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank room/living room. The tank is viewed from my recliner which you can see in the pic. I took the pic with my Nikon D7000 with 18-105 Lens. Built the stand & stained with a neutral color that would go with any house we might live in. The Reflection light in the glass is from the frt doorwhich is 30/40' ? away.
DSC_8098.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23C06BB0-F6D7-4D04-B050-6F1A15118A4B.jpeg

I havw a trophy Barracuda coming for the shiplap area that I caught in the Keys a few weeks ago but this is my basement :D

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good-looking photos, guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back