February, 2020 POTM Contest - Tank Room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer Reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano Peninsula while the toddler watches her FAVORITE movie
IMG_5539.jpg

Shawn Blevins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank greets you when you come in the door my kids friends all call our house the fish tank house because you can see it when you drive by. Other pictures are from kitchen table an living room
941698EF-F8BD-4EED-A2E2-660E8D3F96A0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bizzy bee reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank greets you when you come in the door my kids friends all call our house the fish tank house because you can see it when you drive by. Other pictures are from kitchen table an living room
941698EF-F8BD-4EED-A2E2-660E8D3F96A0.jpeg
That’s how mine is family and friends love it and it looks like a smurf like threw up when you look at it from the street.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
roompic.jpg

Best I could do. Maybe I'll take a better picture before the deadline but most likely not. Picture nicely captures the glow from my house. As you can probably tell this picture is taken from my kitchen which is open to dinning room / arcade / office. Just past the plant shelf is my desk and since I live out in the middle of nowhere I eat almost every meal at the table. The open door is the laundry room where I also keep 50 gallons of RO/DI. I already took out my mixing water for tomorrows water change and there just happens to be a bucket of IO on the floor..

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using this as a placeholder so I remember to take a photo later. :0)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a small front room to our home. Before we put the tank in there it was a reading room. It's a cozy place to sit and talk with a friend or just watch the tank and it's inhabitants. All the tanks gear and supplies are nicely hidden behind the cabinets.

Official Submission
fishroom-4846-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peninsula used as a room divider. Standing in kitchen, dining area to the left and family room to the right. Forgot to turn TV off for picture so state your answer in the form of a question.

20200225_194534~2.jpg
What is Boston?

Edit: Ahh just saw someone else already answered it.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is my set up. Its a 75 gallon we watch during out morning coffee and evening cocktails. Sometimes it is where I sit and absorb the calmness of the beautiful corals and fish. Its definitely my happy place! This tank is also visible from the dedicated sump room behind it.
80DF7182-7031-4F7B-848B-F54F48C7FAAE.jpeg

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peninsula used as a room divider. Standing in kitchen, dining area to the left and family room to the right. Forgot to turn TV off for picture so state your answer in the form of a question.

20200225_194534~2.jpg
David what are your watching on the television?! Lol

Reactions: dbl

Alemoki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my Cube + Frag system in our bar area.

The bar is a sort of peninsula style counter with fridge and glasses behind (left of photo) and seating for guests in line with the tank (right hand side of counter).

Tank was put here as it was a space which gets a lot of attention and traffic and ensures that I need to keep the tank tip top at all times in case guests come over. It was custom built by me to fit in the space and has removable magnetic doors as swing doors would not fit in the space. The frag system was added on later and fits in the small alcove around the corner.

When sitting at the bar, the aquarium is directly at head height for best viewing.

"Pre-processing":
- cleaning of glass both inside and out

Photo:
-fiddle with camera for about and hour taking hundreds of photos with many settings.

Post-processing:
- minor tweaks once downloaded onto my phone adjusting brightness and hue

Very difficult picture to take as all of our bar lighting is warm white and orange with all the pine wood and is a stark contrast to the blue of the tank but I gave it my best shot! (Pun intended)

P1050198.JPG

Need me one of these portholes for my Acro top down shots now!!!

Thanks to @AVAST Marine for sponsoring this contest!!

And good luck to all the contestants! Some stunning setups here.

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My peninsula, view angle from entry hallway. Tank sitting between my kitchen, dining area and living room(opposite from kitchen). Can be seen anywhere in the home (except bedrooms) even the backyard and the neightbor’s window :)The peninsula is a 160g 60x30x21H, pix taken with a cannon rebel on landscape mode. The lighting fixture matches my kitchen appliances and the stand blend in with the walls so the tank can have all the attention. wish i can show the view side from the backyard but rules are rules with only one photo. more close up view of the tank and design/layout can be found in my build thread.
please don't mind the kiddy toys in the background. His stuff is slowly taking over the house.
E7854227-2C48-49DD-B90F-063D553DDB73.jpeg

Last edited:

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my anemone/mangrove tank. It’s plumbed into my bigger system via a basement sump. The goal (and requirement from my wife!) was that it needed to have a place for a coffee cup, as we both enjoy drinking our coffee in this room. Every morning the lawnmower blenny comes over and says hi and watches us drink coffee.

F23B0FA4-7A04-4D68-A4E2-07EC6A10B3DE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back