FedEx delay again …

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought corals from a seller that’s really great so far but unfortunately he shipped with FedEx because it was the most convenient for him.

it was my first time getting next day delivery and I gave the benefit of the doubt that even they cant screw it up but surely they did.

I’m in the area of two large FedEx warehouses.

I buy thousands of packages online in my lifetime and 90% of my FedEx packages are late. It’s crazy and I’m not even lying .

Anyways hopefully they’re alive tomorrow if it even arrives. It’s SPS corals too so the chances might be slim

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only going to get worse if the looming UPS and/or rail strikes materialize...

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought corals from a seller that’s really great so far but unfortunately he shipped with FedEx because it was the most convenient for him.

it was my first time getting next day delivery and I gave the benefit of the doubt that even they cant screw it up but surely they did.

I’m in the area of two large FedEx warehouses.

I buy thousands of packages online in my lifetime and 90% of my FedEx packages are late. It’s crazy and I’m not even lying .

Anyways hopefully they’re alive tomorrow if it even arrives. It’s SPS corals too so the chances might be slim

Hopefully the vendor will work with you on the late shipment

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really buy online, but if I ask a vendor what company they use, and they fed ex, I just cancel my order. Not worth the headache for both of us and dealing with animal death.
lol so true but this was my first next day delivery from them so i had to experience the headache first.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny. My very first coral order, shipped via Fedex was a total loss. I bought some corals from an in-state coral vendor who offered the cheaper in-state next day shipping option. The vendor was 2 hours away from me, so a 4 hour round trip. Next day shipping was $20, so I had it shipped. Figured what could go wrong for a 2 hour shipment. I was wrong. Fedex sent the package that was 2 hours away from me, down to the memphis hub, 4 states away, where it got stuck for 4 days in a big winter ice storm. Total loss. Vendor agreed to replace the entire order, but I insisted on going to pick it up this time instead of having it shipped.

Have not had another issue with Fedex since. I've had several additional coral and fish orders shipped via Fedex and they have all come on time or early.

I've always had pretty good luck with Fedex and UPS around here when it comes to next day shipping. Only my first order was lost and no issues since.

we have multiple large fedex sorting facilities nearby including one at the airport where they have their customer service center. I have all my Fedex packages sent there and held for pickup now. they get pulled off the planes early in the morning and are waiting at the counter and ready for me before they even open their doors at 10AM.

UPS has the same setup, so I always have both Fedex and UPS packages held at the airport locations and I haven't had any problems since.

If I have the packages delivered to my house... they have to be unloaded off the plane in the morning, sorted at the airport, loaded on another truck and sent to the local trucking warehouse, where it needs to be sorted again, loaded on a delivery truck and then make the final trip to my house. I cut out all those final stages and pick it up at the airport myself.

Way less issues that way.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still have yet to arrive. I ordered a white tail tang and it arrived with UPS before the late coral from FedEx lol today

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back