FedEx is now over 8 hours late with my coral

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m dying here. So much for by 1030 am today. Says it’s still coming today but it’s still a state away. I’m worried all my coral will be DOA from the live sale. Reading the fine print on my order...says not responsible for any DOA shipping delays...Not to happy...I had no idea. Hopefully there all ok. Any advice? Should I skip dipping and lessen the stress on them? I have over $500 coming in coral. I’ve never experienced this with multiple fish and coral orders with UPS shipping.

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I in Miami,Florida have bought corals on a Thursday. Started driving to pa on a Friday and got home Sunday afternoon. And my corals were fine.
But yeah, I would skip dip. Let them settle in first.

Good luck. Hopefully they arrive.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I in Miami,Florida have bought corals on a Thursday. Started driving to pa on a Friday and got home Sunday afternoon. And my corals were fine.
But yeah, I would skip dip. Let them settle in first.

Good luck. Hopefully they arrive.
Good to know. That’s what I was thinking. Thank you!

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's happened to me before, delayed by a day. The thing I was worried about most was temperature - it was winter time, and I had no idea where the package was, whether heat packs would keep it warm, etc. Turns out that those styro boxes do a great job, at least short term. Seems like the weather is on your side, at least as far as temps go?

Otherwise, most sellers pack frags in enough water to survive a couple of days. Odds are you will be fine. I no longer dip corals when they first show up, they go in a QT tank, I let them recover from shipping for a few days, then dip them. Even if you're putting these into DT, a day in DT without dipping will be ok. Just take a good look at them as you move them from the shipping bags.

And if you do have a problem, let the seller know anyway, sometimes they are willing to help.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's happened to me before, delayed by a day. The thing I was worried about most was temperature - it was winter time, and I had no idea where the package was, whether heat packs would keep it warm, etc. Turns out that those styro boxes do a great job, at least short term. Seems like the weather is on your side, at least as far as temps go?

Otherwise, most sellers pack frags in enough water to survive a couple of days. Odds are you will be fine. I no longer dip corals when they first show up, they go in a QT tank, I let them recover from shipping for a few days, then dip them. Even if you're putting these into DT, a day in DT without dipping will be ok. Just take a good look at them as you move them from the shipping bags.

And if you do have a problem, let the seller know anyway, sometimes they are willing to help.
The weather is definitely on my side this time of year. That’s what I wanted to hear.. A day delay and everything lived..lol. I’ll try and relax some. I’ve been pacing the house all day. That’s what I’m going to do...Skip the initial dip. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well my coral finally came today at 1030 am. A full day late. But I’m happy to say everything looks good except one coral. I put it in a shaded area..hopefully it looks better soon. It’s very pale..light teal instead of blue. I can live with that. Thanks again all for your input.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back