FedEx scratched my waterbox stand........

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, the dreaded FedEx freight service....

My Tank was supposed to be delivered last week Wednesday. Got a call later in the morning saying the train has not arrived in South Florida and it has to be delivered Thursday.

Thursday Morning... I call FedEx for an update and they said the train has not been unloaded yet and itll have to be for Friday...

Friday Morning... Same thing call FedEx in the morning they said the train still hasn't been unloaded and its going to have to be for Monday....

Monday Morning... I get a text from FedEx at 9Am stating the tank is out for delivery (yay)

11 AM... Get a text saying the delivery has been rescheduled..

I call the FedEx station where the tank is at and APPARENTLY while the tank was being unloaded from the train the forklift somehow scuffed the wood of the stand.. Obviously, nobody knows where this piece of wood goes... So FedEx in all of their wisdom place the tank in the damage section and don't even bother to notify me that something happened to the tank... So they didnt even bother putting it on the truck to begin with.

Now my question is.. assuming that its just this small 1" scratch on the wood, does that at all compromise the stand?

Is it possible that the bump could have caused hairline fractures in the glass that I cannot see? I don't know how the tank and stand is packages so I dont even know what to expect...

I spoke to Waterbox and they said they can replace that piece of wood but im a little worried that the tank might be compromised from the bump...

unnamed.png

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are packed to withstand bumps. If there are no visible cracks in the glass its fine. If you are worried. Turn off all the lights and take a flashlight, any crack will be easily visible because it distorts light

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are packed to withstand bumps. If there are no visible cracks in the glass its fine. If you are worried. Turn off all the lights and take a flashlight, any crack will be easily visible because it distorts light
But this is a heck of a bump with a forlift. But thanks Ill check it with a flash light

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks more like it was stabbed with the Forks, not bumped so much. I'm with you though, just knowing this happened raises long term doubts. Ugh, I'm sorry man that sucks. My OCD would be going NUTS right now

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like it was stabbed with the Forks, not bumped so much. I'm with you though, just knowing this happened raises long term doubts. Ugh, I'm sorry man that sucks. My OCD would be going NUTS right now
I was just looking up how the Waterboxes are packed and it seems good.. Well see how it looks when its dropped off.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back