Feedback on first Aquascape

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about adding the two from the back and cementing them up front to give it an arch and some depth??

CF0B98A3-C04E-43F2-B617-6608BE99C07A.jpeg
Not sure what kind of cement you’re using but I used the Marco rock cement and couldn’t be happier. When it dries it’s really strong & stable. You’re scape looks awesome - nice job!

OP
OP
FreakPrism

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So funny enough I could not restore the aqua scape I had after taking out the rocks to rinse them. Oh well, whatever happens, always happens for the best.

Here is the new aquascape that was re-designed on the go incorporating feedback in this thread as much as I could. I think this came out the best so far. I also improved the look from the side.

What do you think?

aqua1.jpg

aqua2.jpg

aqua3.jpg

OP
OP
FreakPrism

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what kind of cement you’re using but I used the Marco rock cement and couldn’t be happier. When it dries it’s really strong & stable. You’re scape looks awesome - nice job!

Not a bad idea although so far liking the new scape. I actually have not used any cement but laid the rocks on each other so they seemed to "lock in" based on their shapes. By not cementing I figure if I need to pull out anything I will be able to. Of course run the risk of the rocks collapsing but they seemed to survive my manual earthquakes and taps. :D

Ruskin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So funny enough I could not restore the aqua scape I had after taking out the rocks to rinse them. Oh well, whatever happens, always happens for the best.

Here is the new aquascape that was re-designed on the go incorporating feedback in this thread as much as I could. I think this came out the best so far. I also improved the look from the side.

What do you think?

aqua1.jpg

aqua2.jpg

aqua3.jpg

I like that the best. Now fill it up with water before you change your mind.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good result!

I think you will be surprised at how different it will look when the tank has water in, I’ll look much fuller.

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s too much rocks for me. I like the look of two islands, with one island much larger than the other, with a ton of negative space. I also think you should have more space between rock and glass.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back