Feeder problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my Neptune feeder fell very briefly in my tank. I was right there, didn’t seem bad. Left it dry overnight. Next day seemed to work alright. Well today, about a week later, my controller stopped working. The control display was locked up and on most equipment was off. I tried unplugging everything with no luck. For whatever reason I disconnected the wire from the feeder and everything came back up. Is there any way to open and clean the Neptune feeder or is it done for??

will424

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my Neptune feeder fell very briefly in my tank. I was right there, didn’t seem bad. Left it dry overnight. Next day seemed to work alright. Well today, about a week later, my controller stopped working. The control display was locked up and on most equipment was off. I tried unplugging everything with no luck. For whatever reason I disconnected the wire from the feeder and everything came back up. Is there any way to open and clean the Neptune feeder or is it done for??

Looks like the feeder shorted out. See if you can open it carefully to the logic controller inside and scrub any corrosion with isopropyl alcohol at least over 90% solution

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back