Feeding elegance

AndrewB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181126_140254-01.jpeg
My elegance naturally catches a mysis or 2 when I feed the fish. No problems there, my question is the food always ends up in the center of the colony. My elegance has 5 mouths and it's mostly 1-2 that eat. Do I need to try to target the other mouths? Is the whole colony fed when one mouth is fed? Its the wall variety, not a cone elegance if that helps.

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole colony is fed whenever it catches food. I prob target feed mine once a week if that. I only do this to make sure its getting food, most of the time, I'm assuming it catches mysis and flakes. My elegance is massive, I feed it half a silver side every 1.5 weeks.

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have the same type as you as well. Mine is an aussie pink tip. I got it fist sized 2 yrs ago prob. I was able to get it when I traded in 10 SPS frags, and the LFS did a straight trade. Im amazed at how fast they grow, fully extended mine looks Frisbee sized.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fed krill to my elegance once and it didn’t take long for it to consume. I am guessing just feeding one mouth is enough since it’s one big colony.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back