Feeding enough?

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 ft. 120 with a 40 gallon sump. I have the following fish and inverts.

1-Yellow Tang
1-Pacific Blue Tang
2-Oscellaris Clowns
1-Falco Hawkfish
1-Coral Beauty
1-Lawnmower Blenny
3-Bangii Cardinals

3-BTA (1 green and 2 rose)
2-Leather Toadstool Coral
Kenya Tree Corals (many)
Blue mushroom corals (20-25)
Hermits and snails.

I am currently feeding 1 frozen mysis cube and 1 frozen blood worm cubes per day.

I try to always have green and purple seaweed in a mesh holder at all times.

Does this sound like I am feeding enough.

I used to feed NLS pellets but had an overfeeding issue cause a huge algae outbreak as well as over run of vermetid snails. . Feed the pellets sparingly now.

Thanks for the insight.

Troy

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Topigraphically, I would say no. But depends on a few factors. What are your nutrient levels and what are your nutrient export processes

OP
OP
TroyClark

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 cubes a day in a 120 is minimum, but adequate for the number and type of fish you have. What's your filtration setup?
I have about 50 pounds of liverock in the DT. I have a 55 gallon home made sump with many bags of Seachem Matrix rock for filtration running at 900 GPH. I run a Clear Water CW-100 scrubber, I have bio-pellets in a dual BRS reactor, I also have GFO and carbon in another BRS dual reactor. My ammonia, nitrite is zero. Nitrate is barely detectible. Phosphates are .01. All other parameters are within desirable limits.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 1 cube a day in a 90 gallon. Have for years. Never lost a fish.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love feeding a variety of foods, flakes, pellets and frozen. To me, variety is the key to fish healthy and color. LRS is the only frozen food I currently use and I feed it 2-3x a day. I have 2 types of NLS pellets (Algaemax & standard) in the auto feeder, which feeds twice a day. I also hand feed TDO chromaboost 2-3x a day, then I feed cool green & cool mysis flakes twice a day. I offer nori, but my tomini and scopus are busy picking at algae and ignore it mostly.
This may sound like a ton of food, but I’m only feeding what the fish can eat in a short period of time. If there’s any leftover food, the CUC make quick work of it. I don’t think I’ve fed a cube of mysis in years.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back