Feeding exclusively Mysis

Thub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm new to reefing and want to make sure I'm not making a mistake by feeding exclusively frozen Mysis shrimp. I also have NLS marine pellets, but I rarely feed those. I've got a biocube 29 with just a single clown and banggai cardinal right now. The clown will eat anything, but the banggai will only eat the Mysis. Am I leaving anything out nutritionally?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm new to reefing and want to make sure I'm not making a mistake by feeding exclusively frozen Mysis shrimp. I also have NLS marine pellets, but I rarely feed those. I've got a biocube 29 with just a single clown and banggai cardinal right now. The clown will eat anything, but the banggai will only eat the Mysis. Am I leaving anything out nutritionally?

Varied diet is important for all creatures of Earth! :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mysis is a good food, but you'll want to mix it up a bit to get a variety of different things. Personally I prefer frozen food made by LRS. It has a combination of all kinds of things.
  • Fresh Wild Caught Scallop
  • Fresh Wild Caught, Hand Peeled Shrimp
  • Fresh Wild Caught Ocean Perch and Whitefish
  • Premium Mysis Shrimp
  • Squid
  • E. Pacifica Krill
  • Fresh Shucked Oysters and Clams
  • Zooplankton, Rotifers, Live Phytoplankton
  • Green and Purple Seaweed (Porphyra)
  • Premium Piscine Energectics Mysis Shrimp
  • Oyster Eggs and Ovarian Tissue
  • Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids (Selco)
  • Buffered ascorbic acid added as an antioxidant
  • D. Salina algae (With beta carotene to boost pigmentation, immunity)
  • LRS Probiotics

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed, LRS is quality stuff and pretty much the staple of my tanks. I also feed NLS pellets (normal marine & algae) along with live artemia and I'm about to add TDO Chromaboost pellets to the lineup. If you can't find LRS at your LFS, then look for Rods (I hear it's pretty good).

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, LRS is quality stuff and pretty much the staple of my tanks. I also feed NLS pellets (normal marine & algae) along with live artemia and I'm about to add TDO Chromaboost pellets to the lineup. If you can't find LRS at your LFS, then look for Rods (I hear it's pretty good).

Thanks so much for considering TDO for your animals. We look forward to your thoughts. Have a great weekend!

Best,
Chad

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much for considering TDO for your animals. We look forward to your thoughts. Have a great weekend!

Best,
Chad
I just picked some up from my LFS (I requested it), so I'll try to feed tonight and this weekend. I'll keep you posted. I've heard nothing but good things about TDO, so I'm excited to see how they like it?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked some up from my LFS (I requested it), so I'll try to feed tonight and this weekend. I'll keep you posted. I've heard nothing but good things about TDO, so I'm excited to see how they like it?

Thanks so much for requesting that your LFS get this in. We really appreciate you supporting them!!! If you don't mind me asking, which store brought it in for you?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much for requesting that your LFS get this in. We really appreciate you supporting them!!! If you don't mind me asking, which store brought it in for you?
Golden State Corals. Elliot is my local guy and he's great to work with. I try and support local stores as much as possible and GSC is my hangout on the weekends when I'm free. I think he bought some TDO for his systems as well.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Variety is important. Even fish that only eat one thing can quite easily be weaned onto other stuff also.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back