Feeding garden slugs to fish and corals?

FishDude25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I harvested some spinach from my community garden plot today and also found a few garden slugs. I wondered if any of my tank inhabitants would like them, so I cut up a couple little pieces of the slugs and fed them to my duncan and acan (my clownfish and hermit crabs didn't seem to like them). I don't use pesticides or anything like that in my garden. Anyone know if feeding slugs to corals/fish would be bad for them? If so I won't feed them that again. What do y'all think?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I harvested some spinach from my community garden plot today and also found a few garden slugs. I wondered if any of my tank inhabitants would like them, so I cut up a couple little pieces of the slugs and fed them to my duncan and acan (my clownfish and hermit crabs didn't seem to like them). I don't use pesticides or anything like that in my garden. Anyone know if feeding slugs to corals/fish would be bad for them? If so I won't feed them that again. What do y'all think?
Fits into the broad category of "it's probably fine, but why on earth risk it?"

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fits into the broad category of "it's probably fine, but why on earth risk it?"
This has been my kind of thought on these kinds of things. I understand the temptation, but considering the risk to benefits ratio, I'd say "Nope."

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back