Feeding my new Snowflake Eel

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just got a snowflake eel hes a Hawaiian, I bought the frozen shrimp and i thawed it for him. I took some long tweezers and put it down in front of him but he wasn't having it... So my questions are.

Could this be caused by me feeding him at 4:30 pm, since hes nocturnal?

And there is a few pieces in the tank that my other fish haven't eaten, will he come out and find those pieces at night.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just got a snowflake eel hes a Hawaiian, I bought the frozen shrimp and i thawed it for him. I took some long tweezers and put it down in front of him but he wasn't having it... So my questions are.

Could this be caused by me feeding him at 4:30 pm, since hes nocturnal?

And there is a few pieces in the tank that my other fish haven't eaten, will he come out and find those pieces at night.
Did you just get him today? He might take a couple days to settle in.

My dwarf golden has never been a fan of shrimp, but loves scallops and squid. He also loves silversides.

Eels can go a month without eating so don't panic yet.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him yesterday, I got the food the store told me they feed him, Last night he was flying around the tank going ham so i'm hopping he finds the scraps that are stuck to the side of the pump tonight and eats the scraps up. If not i'm gonna have to do some cleaning.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him yesterday, I got the food the store told me they feed him, Last night he was flying around the tank going ham so i'm hopping he finds the scraps that are stuck to the side of the pump tonight and eats the scraps up. If not i'm gonna have to do some cleaning.
Yeah, I think you are fine. Let him settle in.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when he does start to eat do you have an suggestions on how to make sure he gets it and its not all eaten by my clowns.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back