Feeding nori eaters on vacation

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I was wondering what everyone does for their nori eating fish when they go on vacation. I have a tang and fox face that has nori available on a clip for most of the day but I refill it twice a day.

I’m leaving town for a 10 days and I do have someone available to come and feed every other day. They can refill the clip then, but I was wondering if there is anything that may hold more nori for longer? I’m going to have an auto feeder set up. Maybe I can tear some up and put it in there? I want to make it as easy as possible for this person.

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish there was nori on a roll that coud be unrolled into the tank. If you could get rolls the rest could be built with a stepper motor and a 3d printer

Do you have auto feeders? Just put algae pelts in

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put some of this in your auto feeder with the pellets. It’s finely chopped pure seaweed and the mixed one is great. I use it in the feeder even when I’m not on vacation.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll be fine for 10 days on pellets. Would just put a good hunk in before you go. Also what kind of tang? Not all are strictly herbivores.

OP
OP
F

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the suggestions. I think I’ll try the sea veggie flakes. Maybe put some small chopped up nori in the auto feeder. Still have a little time to test it

OP
OP
F

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll be fine for 10 days on pellets. Would just put a good hunk in before you go. Also what kind of tang? Not all are strictly herbivores.
I think it’s a tomini. It’s not strictly herbivore but does graze on the nori every day

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back