Feeding Nori...

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I am doing this right, didn’t see how to reply to @OrionN article on feeding nori. I understood the basics but got the impression that the nori clip is suspended about 2” or so off the bottom of the tank, but the one photo in the article looks like it is floating at the top. Could you please clarify? Also you said you feed 2 sheets per day, how big are the sheets and how many mouths does that feed? Just want to get some idea for future reference. By the way thank you for writing the article, well done.

MrSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I am doing this right, didn’t see how to reply to @OrionN article on feeding nori. I understood the basics but got the impression that the nori clip is suspended about 2” or so off the bottom of the tank, but the one photo in the article looks like it is floating at the top. Could you please clarify? Also you said you feed 2 sheets per day, how big are the sheets and how many mouths does that feed? Just want to get some idea for future reference. By the way thank you for writing the article, well done.

I throw in a 4in square of nori once a day. It floats and then eventually sinks. My cleaners shrimp usually is the first after it and tears it to bits. I have 1 juvenile tang in the tank, what it doesn't eat the hermits and snails finish off when it sinks.

Following to see what others do.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
I would recommended that you keep the string short and keep the clip near the top of the water surface. This keep it from tangle with the corals and other structure in the tank.
mid you really want to put it near the bottoms then you must weight it with a piece of rock to keep it from sway and move with the current.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to have one of the Mod to turn on the discussion tab on the article, so I will answer these questions there.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I feed mine on a grazer which you deed at bottom , mid or top of tank. Also baste it with garlic extract.

1601851685329.png

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use Nori from my local Asian Market, does color make a difference. Feeding a street gang of Tangs.

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use Nori from my local Asian Market, does color make a difference. Feeding a street gang of Tangs.
Yes just make sure it’s 100% nori. No additives just seaweed. As far as roasted that’s up for debate some say roasting removes nutrients others think otherwise. Anywho the answer is yes.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all the Nori are roasted. That is the green color. The purple Nori are dried Nori. It is almost impossible to get Purple Nori. I tried to get purple Nori when I can but feed almost exclusively the green Nori.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back