Feeding schedule

Trevyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a Juvenile blue tang, 2 ocellaris clowns, a green mandarin, an antenna goby and pistol shrimp, a fire shrimp and a 6 line wrasse some hermits, 2 emerald crabs, 2 harlequins(they obviously eat their cc star though)
I have
Frozen Brine shrimp cubes, Mysis shrimp cubes and chunks, marine algae, Rods reef food, and im starting a little 2 1/2 g brine shrimp culture,
What and when and how much should I be feeding the fish, also tanks been up for a month, 32 lbs of LR, I just added an 8 oz bottle of tisbe pods for the mandarin, if thats not enough( any input would be good) i was thinking about getting a 5g tank to put under my stand for just the copepods, any help would be great.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish do better with multiple small feedings a day rather than 1 or 2 big feedings.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to supplement a lot of pods as that 6 line Wrasse will compete with the Mandarin for them and with only a 80 gal tank the population wont last long. If you have good filtration you can feed more but you don't list equipment so hard to say. Do you have a Sump and skimmer?

H2Ocorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to only feed twice a day. But i only have a small 50 gallon and with a clown, dottyback, blenny, and some shrimp as on now. Is it that important to feed more than 2 times a day?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to only feed twice a day. But i only have a small 50 gallon and with a clown, dottyback, blenny, and some shrimp as on now. Is it that important to feed more than 2 times a day?
With those fish 2x's a day is sufficient.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back