Feeding Zoas reef roids for fast growth?

OP
OP
FangsAndGames

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquarium servicer and I are tight. He actually just gives me some of his high end stuff as well as some more common frags for free. I’ll send pics if anyone is up for ID.

reverc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use them on my zoas. Had them in the tank for about a month but only using the roids for about 2.5 weeks. I target feeds once a week and spread feed one to two times a week. Shut the filter pump off and let them go. I have five plugs and between the five I’ve gotten roughly 6-7 new heads on them. They are super bright and healthy looking but this is my first time with zoas so I’m not the most knowledgeable on them.

ReQuackulous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding reefroids frequently but my waste export didn't match my input and I ended up with a bad phosphate issue. The zoas loved it and grew faster, but at the cost of color. Just something to think about

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed mine reef roids but may switch to benereef for better nutrient control... def helps them grow especially in a low nutrient environment!

Z-man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have a video on the process of feeding their zoas?

No video, but can tell you that I use a clean syringe from the Aiptasia X. Mix up about 15 ml of water with about 2 ml of reefroids. Mix it well then fill the syringe. Turn off the water pumps and simply push a small mount in each polyp. The hermit crabs will come running so be prepared to fend them off or give them a small squirt to get their attention. When feeding my chalices, I have to stay on guard from the hermits for about 30 minutes.

BigSkyRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some reef roids I can use to feed my Zoas. Should I or even, could I?
I use RR for all of my corals - target feed about 1X per week and broadcast about 1X per week. Everything seems to be growing just fine. I did overfeed today but was planning a water change later in the day so it was OK

BigSkyRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I have a 125 and only two frags at the moment so I’m feeding every other day.
Well I do have a little bit more than 2 frags in my Waterbox 100

tank.jpg

Back