OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe... I don’t think 12k or 14k on a led panel is the same as a 14k MH, but I’m not a lighting expert. My non tenuis grow like crazy. Most of them are in lower par and lower flow. Coincidence?
I agree with you , well today I cut a full hour off , 7 hours with the greens and reds and whites at 24 percent , let’s see how it goes with 7 hours of that

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe... I don’t think 12k or 14k on a led panel is the same as a 14k MH, but I’m not a lighting expert. My non tenuis grow like crazy. Most of them are in lower par and lower flow. Coincidence?
What are your led settings ?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your led settings ?

15D6AE70-40DA-4AAD-AAFA-25717810E65C.png
48309D77-315A-4FA9-9F42-59905C9A2B9D.jpeg
FCC9BFD6-0683-4DE8-9E7D-029E7B1E5BB8.png

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting ammount of red and why isn’t the blues pegged ? Color preference to your eyes ? Or a legit scientific evidence or par or spectrum? Just curious

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting ammount of red and why isn’t the blues pegged ? Color preference to your eyes ? Or a legit scientific evidence or par or spectrum? Just curious
This is the brs hydra 52 HD’s conversion radion ab+ spectrum with a little more RB and G, and lower B and W.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eye kinda twitched last page when I saw you run your alk in upper 8's. I'd drop that down about a point and a half.

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can afford a calcium reactor but have no clue how to install it , hope that’s not embarrassing for me to say but I’ll buy one tonight if I have to just someone walk me through it on face time
When your ready @jda will set you up. Read his threads its so simple and one less thing to worry about.
No ph meter, no controller, and no drop in ph.
Its all about learning how to tune it the right way.
Mine has been running just about 6 months and I just read his threads and it was the best thing I did for my tank for controlling ca and alk.
Growth is crazy if all other parameters are inline.

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When your ready @jda will set you up. Read his threads its so simple and one less thing to worry about.
No ph meter, no controller, and no drop in ph.
Its all about learning how to tune it the right way.
Mine has been running just about 6 months and I just read his threads and it was the best thing I did for my tank for controlling ca and alk.
Growth is crazy if all other parameters are inline.
Okay I’m ready to go if it’s that simple !

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eye kinda twitched last page when I saw you run your alk in upper 8's. I'd drop that down about a point and a half.
All on the tank has been stable for 2 years at 8.4 to 8.7 Ish always what would making it less do ?

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13 hours 8 hours with colors - what lights are you running? so many pictures im lost lol
I’m letting the thread get side tracked because I want other people to chime in with stuff off their own the more data and stories the better

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2 , thanks for everyone helping once again this is crazy help I’m blown away , I try to think of EVERYTHING I DO to this tank on a daily or weekly basis , one of my daily things I do is take a long plastic scraper (with no blade ) and in the morning and evening, I turn the small 1.5 inch sand bed over and swish and mush the sand around , all corals respond with feeders and the wrasses are actually trained like dogs now and follow the wand and they eat something that comes up from the sand (I’m guessing pods) and like it I have done that religiously for the life of the tank and that’s how I get the like new looking sand , I also vaccum the complete sand bed every Sunday with my water change , I also every 2 months completely disassemble my sump and all the gear in side of make it look like new and reinstall it , and no the tank up top is not “off” the flow is still going from the power heads and I suction cup a spare heater to the glass , the whole process is only about a 45 min affair and a water change of 9-10 gallons happen on this day as well (I’ll pick a water change Sunday and also perform the sump service ) and none of the inhabitants look effected or stressed if anything when I fire the system back up they look happier

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about buying them to be honest not going to lie about it

Watching videos on youtube of all them coral shops saying they using only led, I noticed that in those tanks its all mostly lps growing in those tanks. Any SPS in those tanks are already grown into colonies or fresh cut frags for sale. All their high end acros or acros they are actually trying to grow into colonies are under halides.

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching videos on youtube of all them coral shops saying they using only led, I noticed that in those tanks its all mostly lps growing in those tanks. Any SPS in those tanks are already grown into colonies or fresh cut frags for sale. All their high end acros or acros they are actually trying to grow into colonies are under halides.
Wow you noticed that too!!!! I confronted Top shelf about it , and their “fan boys “ basically bum rushed me and rode me outta town I couldn’t answer so fast such savages I was just trying to nicely tell them “stop lying you know the halides grew those and the radions colored them” I will not support TSA any more due to the fact

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you noticed that too!!!! I confronted Top shelf about it , and their “fan boys “ basically bum rushed me and rode me outta town I couldn’t answer so fast such savages I was just trying to nicely tell them “stop lying you know the halides grew those and the radions colored them” I will not support TSA any more due to the fact

I dunno, LED's always seem to be supplemental to either halides or T5 growing and not the main source.

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno, LED's always seem to be supplemental to either halides or T5 growing and not the main source.
So if I have 4 blue plus , would you take 1 or 2 bulbs out for a “whiter /coral plus” more powerful bulb ? Am I too blue heavy , I know the blue plus has white , but what about a more heavier lifting bulb ?

Back