Feel like quitting 2 years almost no growth please help sps dominate

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that they just reached the right size based on your flow, light, etc around the same time your phosphates increased? 3-4" is pretty big.

Well anything is possible, but it happened with about a dozen different corals. I wish I had more pics of other corals, but here is an example, these pics are 2.5 months apart, the first was around the time I started phosphate dosing. This is more growth than I had in the previous year at least, probably longer.

hCiL55P.jpg

sf4S61L.jpg

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well anything is possible, but it happened with about a dozen different corals. I wish I had more pics of other corals, but here is an example, these pics are 2.5 months apart, the first was around the time I started phosphate dosing. This is more growth than I had in the previous year at least, probably longer.

hCiL55P.jpg

sf4S61L.jpg

Okay that's pretty convincing. You guys beat me to it, but yea I was going to say it doesn't look like he has the same phosphate problem. And I get that you weren't specifically saying that's the issue.

Well I've got nothing else to say. Hope I didn't look like too much of a fool, just had a hunch and couldn't ignore it. Good luck @Ryan Mansa. Hope you find what you're looking for, you deserve it.

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I agree and I don't think his problem is nutrient related. I think the thread is on the right track with lighting/flow/alk adjustment.
Thank you guys like I said in the beginning of this thread was I’ve actually been accused of photoshopping they are that glowing , pretty upsetting I don’t alter my photos whatsoever , yes they are very bright and extremely colored just tiny

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay that's pretty convincing. You guys beat me to it, but yea I was going to say it doesn't look like he has the same phosphate problem. And I get that you weren't specifically saying that's the issue.

Well I've got nothing else to say. Hope I didn't look like too much of a fool, just had a hunch and couldn't ignore it. Good luck @Ryan Mansa. Hope you find what you're looking for, you deserve it.
Hey don’t stop there dig deep think hard no one should give up here , I thank anyone more then they could imagine and I’m not discounting anything please flood this with photos and ideas

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also funny thought , So I was sitting here thinking something I have 2 “pets” in my life we all see and know my aquarium , I also have a cat , I acquired this cat in 2016 her name is Mia , Mia is now 4 years old and she has only grown to 3.9 lbs I’ve taken her to the vet multiple times because I was worried she has a issue they have performed all tests and they keep coming back with simply “your cat is just small” so what is with me and only keeping small pets haha small corals small cat here she is with my hand as a reference on how actually small this cat is

F009AE32-BD3F-41FE-A70F-31A3EA199A7B.jpeg

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As in feed the fish or coral or both if so please go back a few pages and look at the food I have on hand and tell me what you think
Nothing so specific. I'm just saying that whatever nutrients you are providing now could gradually be increased to see if that results in a corresponding increase in growth.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also funny thought , So I was sitting here thinking something I have 2 “pets” in my life we all see and know my aquarium , I also have a cat , I acquired this cat in 2016 her name is Mia , Mia is now 4 years old and she has only grown to 3.9 lbs I’ve taken her to the vet multiple times because I was worried she has a issue they have performed all tests and they keep coming back with simply “your cat is just small” so what is with me and only keeping small pets haha small corals small cat here she is with my hand as a reference on how actually small this cat is

F009AE32-BD3F-41FE-A70F-31A3EA199A7B.jpeg
Sorry to hear your cat has “kittenitus”
There’s nothing worse than being adorable..... your entire life

Last edited:

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro......don’t let you alk swing more than 0.0001 dKh/72 hours
B0DF9629-9228-4687-98E0-05BAE036370C.png
I had a 1dkh loss daily and dosed 45ml b- ionic once in the morning.
So everyday it went down one and up one. Never saw an issue.
After 6 months I setup my carx. It runs 7-7.3 on am average.
Growth increased on corals and coralline is so bad, lol, I have 2 urchins keeping it mowed.

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear your cat has “kittenitus”
There’s nothing worse than being adorable..... your entire life
Two of my 3 cat are 15+lbs. One is 7lbs all rescue cats.
Mr baggers is the dumbest ccross eyes cat I have ever had but I still love him lol.
20200423_073738.jpg

OP
OP
Ryan Mansa

Ryan Mansa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing so specific. I'm just saying that whatever nutrients you are providing now could gradually be increased to see if that results in a corresponding increase in growth.
Okay only reasons I asked was I thought 0-0.02 or 3 was mission critical for acros mine is always higher

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love em !!! Cats are cool until they start going 4,000 mph in the dark at 3am hahaha
Yea, I have an alarm cat.
4:30 every morning he runs across my head and claws at me until I get up.
20200120_210012.jpg

Back