RobinC

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Bought these tanks and brought them home. 100g and a "50g" sump. The 50g is actually a 90g. Got a lot of cool stuff with them....3 AI Hydra 32's, Octo 200 int skimmer, 6 Hanna checkers, hanna salinity checker, 2 refractometers, rock, tons of bottles of minerals, bacteria, Prime, etc.

20220618_170027_resized (1).jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Partner Membership 2023
OP
RobinC

RobinC

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Both tanks leaked:( I kinda expected it...so...... Stripped down the 90 and rebuilt. Water tested for 2 weeks. Stand stripped and repainted. Unfortunately, we just took the 100 apart and took it piece by piece to the trash compactor. Hated throwing that glass away, but it was very brittle and old.

Hubby who I didn't tell I was doing this in the beginning has been a trooper thus far, after 2 weeks of whining and complaining, lol...he did the reseal, sanded the stand, and helped me repaint it. He went and purchased a 125g reef-ready tank at a local aquarium store for me today, that we will be picking up Saturday. Still need to put the baffles back in the 90 and placed in stand before adding the new tank. It is now OUR project:)

Attachments

• 90g.jpg
    90g.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 90 rebuild.jpg
    90 rebuild.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 19
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 25
World Wide Corals
OP
RobinC

RobinC

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Whelp....got all the plumbin done, started on the fill, when I noticed the trim on bottom left was cracked. Called the store, and they said to bring it back. Cannot do it till Saturday again. So another week of waiting, made so much harder because I am staring at one, lol. I do think it is ever so pretty with the black silicone.

OP
RobinC

RobinC

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Aquarium Adventure here in Columbus did us good. Traded out the bad trim tank for another, however, they had to get a third, as the second's trim was cracked in the same spot. Tank is safely home, and filling it now 5 gallons at a time, lol.

Attachments

• fullshot.jpeg
    fullshot.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 9
  • plumbing.jpeg
    plumbing.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 7
  • plumbin right.jpeg
    plumbin right.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 12
OP
RobinC

RobinC

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Tank is full! Started Saturday with my little RO Buddie +DI, finished Wednesday. Ghost fed all week. I tested the water today and got Ammonia 1.0 nitrite 1.0 and nitrates 10. Cycle well on the way, so I added some rock from my 10 gallon QT tank that's been cycled and set up since June. Some of the other rock has been in a bin with saltwater and pump since June as well, but I took some and sun-dried it....some of it was pretty green looking. The previous owner let it go green. It's going to give me a problem, I'm sure. Only 2 AI 32's on the tank at the moment, the 3rd has been on the 10 gallon at really weak setting, and running new tank dark. There is a ton of rock in the 90g beneath in case you were wondering, lol.

Attachments

• fullnow.jpeg
    fullnow.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 9
Nutramar Foods
OP
RobinC

RobinC

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It took only 11 days to cycle this tank. I used cycled rock from my 10g, dirty water from 10g water changes, half a bottle of stabilize, and ghost feeding from before it was even completely full. A week later and numbers are still good. Transferred my 6line and scopas from 10g, along with 5 corals that had been with them since June.

AquaCave

Is there such a thing as an "easy" acro?

• YES (tell us about it in the thread)

Votes: 95 44.4%
  • NO

Votes: 48 22.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 68 31.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.4%
Torch SALE