Female clown escaped tank last night

stellabl3u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my tank running for a month or better now. My first two fish were the perc clowns. I fell asleep with the lid open last night after replacing some water. I woke up to my female clown on the ground.. so I went to the pet store this morning to look for a new male, with the intention of letting the male I already have morph to female. I ended up buying one that I knew to be female because my male is really chill and not that aggressive about anything. And it had been such a short period the two were paired I figured he would adapt fine to the new female. So I added them in together into my quarantine, the new female seems fine with the male and vise Versa. I just want some opinions on my choice.. I haven’t read anything online where someone purchase a female to replace the female. But my male is so small I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try, now I have read that the male will take on the role of being female after female dies. But if I replaced the female so promptly do you think the male will still try to transform to female?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'll be fine. The male hasn't had enough time to start the transformation. The new female should assume the role.

OP
OP
stellabl3u

stellabl3u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up going back to the LFS. Male was not happy about the new female, and she was being rather aggressive. I think they were too close to size with each other. The female was just a little smaller then the last female. And just a little bigger then the male. So I went back and bought two males. The female I picked up earlier I believe has already established her role as female with her tank mates say the lfs. She was definitely the biggest out of the bunch.. so now I have two pairs of clowns and both the bigger “females”(or soon to be anyways) seem fine with their new tank mates. Luckily I was already considering getting another pair of clowns for a smaller tank I have. Looks like it’s happening now.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up going back to the LFS. Male was not happy about the new female, and she was being rather aggressive. I think they were too close to size with each other. The female was just a little smaller then the last female. And just a little bigger then the male. So I went back and bought two males. The female I picked up earlier I believe has already established her role as female with her tank mates say the lfs. She was definitely the biggest out of the bunch.. so now I have two pairs of clowns and both the bigger “females”(or soon to be anyways) seem fine with their new tank mates. Luckily I was already considering getting another pair of clowns for a smaller tank I have. Looks like it’s happening now.
One more time, gonna make em shine

Back