Few questions for new tank

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i picked up a 75g for my new little snowflake eel, and i have a few questions on stocking it and equipment since my first tank was my little 13g nano its a big step up in lighting most importantly. I was wondering can i put 2-3 prime hds for sufficient lightning? I put the one i currently own over one side of the tank it was pretty well lit but cranked up. Im not very knowledgeable about lighting yet but the prime has done me very well in my nano.
Second is I know my snowflake limits my fish choices and my original plan was to have some dwarf lions, which i might still do, but ive taken an interest in anthias ive read a bunch about them and heard the good and the bad but would love to keep 2-3 is that possible or eel food? Is it possible to fit a schooling/grouping fish in my size tank with the eel?
Im kind of stumped on the stocking of this tank and would love some ideas! thanks in advanced!

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good rule of thumb for eels is "If it fits, or the eel THINKS it fits, it's food"
Anthias are really cool, but.. Can be moderately difficult to keep. They usually require multiple feedings a day to thrive. Key word there is usually.
Many people try to keep a shoal if Chromis, but that doesn't end well usually. Oftentimes you start with 8-10, and end up with 1-2.....
As you have already stated, your eel kinda limits tank mates.

OP
OP
Subuchef

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess they're kind of out of the question then, and yeah chromis are cool but like you said always dwindle. What do you think of a dwarf angel, my eel is still fairly small (thick as a medium/big sharpie, about 8-9inches) so I'm hoping him growing up with his tank mates even if they are a tad small he won't munch, not going to risk tiny fish though obviously. also aqua scraping for an eel, anything I can do to cater him best?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back